Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My journey for.........

AFTER:

15 cups of flour

5 eggs

12 teaspoons of yeast

2 phone calls and a house visit for help

hours and hours of waiting for dough to rise

2 VERY contradicting and different recipes

one temper tantrum

36 burned, hard as a rock, throw in the garbage suppose to be's

staying up until 2:30 am

3 attempts AND FINALLY.......

The Perfect Rolls! My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner!
OK, OK, they are far from perfect. Most don't look very pretty, but they do actually taste good and are leaps and bound better than the 1st 2 attempts!

So, not bad for my first try!:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brielle's thankful list is adorable. I would be right there with you when it comes to the rolls. I can't seem to master yeast. When my mom comes, I'm making her help me learn to use yeast so that I can make some yummy cinnamon rolls. Yay for finally getting your rolls to where you are happy with them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't even get a phone call for help!!! What about your mom when you are baking??? You were probably trying to get hints from bakers back there because of the sea level thing. I'm sure that has to be the problem. I've always pretty much ignored Betty Crocker with the 'altitude thing'. Maybe I should pay more attention. Hope you guys have a very happy thanksgiving. We sure do miss you. It has been raining here. Was hoping for lights on all the trees today, but it may be too wet. Love you tons! MOM

Emily said...

Wow! I had so much to catch up on. I love all of your posts. You are such an amazing mommy!

some of my favorites...
Brie's rocks sleeping
The eggs
Them sleeping together
The shirt