Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lonely.....

We took the Mommies to the airport!
Josh had to go back to school, and has a late night to pay for skipping out during the day!
Private Practice is not on due to the CMA awards!

And I am SOOOOO Lonely!


a BIG Thanks to the Moms. I am so grateful that they got to come. I am so grateful for them. We had so much fun, and my kids definitely needed some grandma time. They helped me out so much. We got the couch scrubbed, the kitchen table chairs recovered, and the moldy stroller (that was destined for the garbage) saved and clean. I don't think I did the dishes once while they were here. Thanks Barbs! It was so sweet of them to spend their vacation cleaning my house!

They also allowed us to go on the best date last night. We were going to go miniature golfing, but got there and it was closed. We then turned to plan B, and headed to the movie theater. The show didn't start until 10:00. What to do to kill the time? Well we had a $20 dollar bill, so we broke it into 2 $10's and went to a little shopping center. We then had 40 mins. and $10 to buy the other a present. It was a lot harder for me than for Josh, and we wondered if we were wasting our precious time together. It turned out to be so much fun! I got Josh an Owen Wilson double feature (he LOVES Owen!) I gave mine to him first in the target bag! He then pulls out 2 GIFT WRAPPED gifts. He got me a thing for the bath tub that makes me able to fill the tub up fuller, and a cookie scoop (I LOVE to make cookies!) Of course, he had the workers in on our little charade and they thought it was so great. He asked if they had any FREE tissue paper, to wrap it in and they gave into his plea and wrapped it for him. It was so cute!

We then had 30 mins to kill before the movie, so we parked and had a little make out! Yeah, I know your thinking 'Make out, what?' but it was actually fun. We haven't just made out FOREVER! We had a hard time getting to the movie and it made us think of before we were married.

We walked in, just to find out it was 'FREE POPCORN TUESDAY'! Fantastic! We got popcorn and headed to the theater! We were THRILLED to find NOBODY in the theater. We then continued where we left off..........

Thanks to the MOMMIES for making us feel young and free again! Thanks for everything that you did while you were here! We all love you both, and you will be greatly missed!

8 comments:

Krista said...

Oh... how FUN was that?!!

Love the gift-giving idea. We will definately try that one. Maybe even with Ty and Dill.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nat I really wanted to know that about you guys. I have had fun keeping up with you guys on this blog thing though.

Katrina said...

I'm crackin' up right now...so funny! Makin' out in the car huh??

John and I have done that shopping spree on little to no money before...it is really fun! We also did it at Target! Funny! John got me garden gloves and I got John sponge bob boxer shorts!! HEEEE HEEEE! I think that he still has them.

Lan said...

Ya'll are too funny...what teenagers! I like your gift swap, very cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are missing us, cause I can't believe how much I am missing you guys. I thought I would be good for a while, and oh my gosh, already....I am missing that little voice calling me grandma and telling me how much she loves me...I am missing that cute little shy look Hope gives me. We had a great time, doing Grandma things to help you out. We are both so proud of you guys, I was feeling so sad on the way home because I started wondering if you didn't really need us, you seem to be doing so well...so thanks for the blog...it made me feel better. Love mom

Emily said...

Those were the days, huh?! Rich and I made out while driving all the way to Vegas. I still don't know how we managed that.

Anonymous said...

You are hillarious! TMI -- but I guess if you feel comfortable discussing such intimate matters with the world, that is great! Usually those topics are saved for the cousin party!!!!! I'm glad your moms made it, what would we do without them? Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Natalie-I loved your story!!! We just did Thanksgiving dinner and I missed your family a lot. I hope all is well and I'll call you soon. Cutest blog ever! This is Amanda.