Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am so grateful to the Burton family this Thanksgiving for making us feel at home! We had Thanksgiving dinner at their house, this is all the girls except for one (away at collage), and Katrina and Sister Anderson from our ward. They were so fantastic to let us join their feast and fun!
The kids were very entertained (thanks to Camille and Lexi) so they weren't around to jump in the photo shoot! They were there and had a ball. Brielle wanted NOTHING to do with the food UNTIL we got dessert out! Then I forced a little bit down her, but should wouldn't touch the POTATOES! Hope ate her plate of potatoes, corn and beans and then moved on to Bries Potatoes. The potatoes were definitely her favorite part. In fact, she had a piece of chocolate at one point and saw that I had a plate of potatoes and immediately dropped the chocolate and came running! She ate ALOT of POTATOES!
These little monkey's were shorter than the food table and couldn't even see the food. Yet I found them dunking the same chip over and over into the 7 layer dip! YUMMY! So I got them a big plate and sat them down to share. They were in heaven!

We played games and had a GREAT day. I will forever be indebted to Caroline for adopting us into her family. I wasn't homesick at all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for that family also. This was my first Thanksgiving pretty much alone, with no family around. Dad was missing us also as he was in St. George with his Dad and Mom. So we were more homesick than you, Nat. It made me even more thankful for my family!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good day. I was thinking about you and remembering being away from family for the Holidays. Being a missionary may be a little different, but isn't it awesome that in the church we all take care of each other! Your blog makes me feel like you're not so far away:) You are so strong and positive after making such a big move, I think I would not have adjusted so well! Have a great weekend--Love ya, Kari

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/7-daftar-mobil-sunroof-murah