Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today was a good day....

Today was a good day because Brie and I didn't fight all day!
Today was a good day because she was so sweet to her sister.
Today was a good day because I didn't have to referee
Today was a good day because she WANTED to get her hair done.
Today was a good day because Hope fell right to sleep at her nap, and slept for a long time.
Today was a good day because Brielle didn't drive off on her bike, and came back when I told her to.
Today was a good day because I got a 20 min. uninterrupted nap.

I did ZERO dishes, exactly one load of laundry, I made my bed but not the girls, I didn't vacuum the floors that desperately needed it, I didn't put my makeup on until 3:00, and I got to read a chapter from my book.

Today Brielle told me I was her BEST FRIEND
Today Hope said "Sorry" for the first time

Today Brielle Helped Hope go potty
I was blow drying my hair and came out and heard Brie saying "No, No sweetie that is too much toilet paper." I continued in and stepped in a puddle right in front of the toilet. I didn't flinch thinking it was water. I asked Brie if Hope went pee-pee on the potty she said "No mommy, I'm sorry, she peeped on the floor! But don't worry I put her on the potty so she would know next time!"

I LOVE days like TODAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect "mommy day". You are such a cute mom, Natalie. I am so proud of you. Those two little girls are so lucky they have you and Josh as parents. I'm missing you guys already. Love Mom

Lan said...

I'm so glad those days DO happen. Thanks for the inspiration...I can keep my dreams alive!

Krista said...

Here's to good days! You deserve one. You're such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

Amen! That's what keeps us going :-) Thanks for sharing the small wonders that we too often take for granted.

Emily said...

What a cute post! I love those kind of moments! They are such sweet girls!