Friday, September 5, 2008

Rainy days bring anything but the BLUES!


Water is flying off the shelves. I bought the last pack of batteries at K-mart today, after finding them sold out at two other stores. I had to go to two stores to find my girls milk. Diapers and wipes were both scarce. I think there was probably 20 loaves of bread left in the whole store. Why all the hubbub? Hurricane Hanna!or a tropical storm, whatever it is at the moment! The mayor has declared an official state of crisis, and the town is stalking up on goods! This strengthens my testimony even more of food storage, but it has also taught me we need MORE than food. I couldn't believe when I turned the corner at the store and the couldn't even find the diapers I normally buy! Don't worry mom, most people say it's not that big of a deal. And I'm proud to say we are prepared enough.
Regardless, the weather is warm, and the rain is soft. It was fun to splash and play in the puddles. The clouds were moving across the sky at an incredible rate, and it was fascinating to watch!
The girls LOVED the umbrella and Brie loved riding her bike through the huge puddles and watching it splash everybody! Hopey just ran back and forth and eventually found a mud puddle YEAH!
It was a great night of crazy weather, which is supposed to get a lot crazier tomorrow! 40-60 mile an hour winds? What does that mean exactly?

5 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Wow!! Good for you guys, being prepared I mean, and I glad the girls were able to make the best of the situation. Kids are that way, they leave the panic, worry, and stress of the moment to the adults...and they enjoy the puddles of life. I love it! Darling pics!

Emily said...

I am glad to hear you are enjoying a new adventure! Good luck! I was worried about you!

Krista said...

Ok Natalie... that top picture is your all-time BEST! Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous. Enter it in some kind of contest and win a million dollars!! So talented, you are!

Leah and Mike said...

That is crazy!! Even though it's scary, I LOVE those Eastern gigantic rainstorms! Stay safe!

Jenn said...

Nat-
I have to agree with Krista, LOVE the picture of Brie!!!! My jaw dropped when I saw it. You are amazing!! I am glad to know you are all safe and sound!! Love ya.