
For family night on Monday we built a hut. Or I should say Josh built a hut. When I suggested the idea, I had a small, one blanket hut in mind. The little boy in Josh came through as he pulled out every blanket we own.

The girls thought it was the coolest thing ever. They were pretty sad when we took it down the next day. At first we didn't know if they were going to let us finish. They kept tearing down the first blanket.


He was a little upset that we didn't have safety pins! "Why do we need safety pins to build a hut?" I asked. I didn't know you had to pin the blankets together. He then informed me that we were not "PREPARED" to build this hut. I thought the whole point of building a hut was to build it out of the resources you had. Well, that is what he did. he substituted safety pins for bobby pins.

Naturally, the girls wanted to sleep in the hut. We didn't know if they would ever go to sleep, so we were hesitant. They fell asleep surprisingly quick in this cute little position. Love those girls!

The Finished Product!yes, it took up our entire living room!

3 comments:
Good for you guys! How fun does that look!
so fun!
When my kids build huts they use all the blankets but just in one spot so it's so heavy it barely stays up. Maybe when they are as old as your Josh they'll get the hang of it.
What a fun family night! Sometimes it still surprises me how much fun we can have with the kids!
Post a Comment