Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Beach!

Brielle got to take Grandma to the beach. It was a perfect day. We packed up the car and drove about 30 mins. to a quiet, not very crowded beach. Hope's favorite part was the sand and at first that was all the girls were interested in.
Thanks to my mom, Josh and I got to go out and swim together. My mom said she saw dolphins right next to us. We unfortunately didn't see them. We had a lot of fun jumping the waves together in the cold water, which eventually warmed up.
Brielle and Hope were terrified of the water, and wanted nothing to do with it. Notice them watching every wave. Brie is pointing for us to move AWAY from the water. After seeing Josh and I in there they warmed up to the idea, and by the end, were little fish. Brielle would go out and sit down then when a wave came she would turn around and ride it in. The whole time saying "It's not scary, it's so fun!" Of course, we had already taken the camera to the car since I was paranoid of getting sand in it. Little Hope would stand up and throw her arms back as far as she could and wait, like she was saying "I'm ready, come and get me". When the wave came she would jump on my lap and hold onto my legs. They had a lot of fun though and we ended up dragging Brielle out of the water.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It is so weird to think how far away you are! That is awesome the beach is so close! I love all of the pictures! The turtle and your new rug are so cute too!