Sunday is the ONE AND ONLY day of the week Josh GETS to sleep in later than me. I should be happy for him that he gets a break and gets to sleep, I should be happy that by me getting up early I know we have a better chance at getting to church on time. But while I quietly tiptoe through the room and the bathroom trying to get ready before the girls wake up, I secretly want to wake him up so he wont make us late for church!
I KNOW, YOU CAN SAY IT, I AM HORRIBLE!
I turn into the Sunday Monster every morning about 8:30.** As I am tugging hair into place I am screaming "Hold still, Brie if you move one more time......"! As I am searching for shoes that kind of match brielles dress (she has outgrown all of her shoes suddenly) I am yelling "Josh can you get sippy cups and books". Then when I am done looking at for shoes and go out to see there are still no sippy cups because Josh is still tying his tie I scream "Never mind I got it!"
You get the picture, it is not pretty. I usually end up screaming at everybody until we are all out the door, Drive like a crazy woman until we get to the church, unload the girls and run into sacrament, sit down at 9:00 AM on the dot(sometimes a little later) and take a deep breath because we made it!
** Josh has recently brought this issue to my attention so I am in the process of leaving the Sunday Monster behind. Today I only got uptight ONCE!
*** On a side note, All you Benson Mill Warders, you have got to get somebody to change sacrament to the first. It has made all the difference with our kids. We RARELY have to leave and we even get to listen without them crying and whining. IT IS FANTASTIC!


5 comments:
I think I am the Sunday monster too sometimes! Although, recently I pack the diaper bag with books, snacks and sippy cups and lay out my boys clothes the night before and it makes such a difference in our morning! And I agree with having Sacrament first....it is so much better!
I think almost every mom feels that way on Sundays. Trying to get everyone ready and out the door on time is stressful. I wish we had Sacrament first because Nelson is a Monster by that time and we hardly ever get to stay.
I 100% understand what you are saying. Chad works shift work (12 hour shifts grave yards switching to days every two weeks...it's horrid) and that makes Sundays really hard. I also become a "sunday monster" as you so eloquiently put it. I hear you girl!!!
On a side note- I spoke to your mom in church yesterday, she seemed to really, really enjoy her visit to your cute home! She is such a sweet mom!!
Oh Natalie, You are such a sweet version of a monster, even if you feel you're being a monster. I am definitely a bit more mean than you are! And seriously, the poor kids in our ward suffer week after week in sacrament meeting. Most of the time its just not worth staying in our ward meeting! once we went to my parents' ward and Mae FELL ASLEEP! It was so quiet! haha
I feel like since Nathan was born it is hard making it to 1:00 P.M church, let alone 9:00 A.M church. I'm sure it is not fun or easy. I'm in for an adventure next year!
Post a Comment