Saturday, October 4, 2008

What A Crack Up!

Lately Hope REFUSES to go to sleep unless Josh or I lay by her. This is not my favorite thing, and I have never done this or wanted to do this, buy it is the only way she will stay in her bed, and i don't want to have regrets in 20 years. ANYWAYS- She not only likes me to be laying by her, but she likes to have her arm, or arms wrapped around my neck. Especially if I start to leave a little too early. Tonight there we were laying in the bottom bunk with our faces inches apart (since she had both arms wrapped tightly around my neck) and I am pretending to be asleep. I open my eyes and she has the biggest grin in the world on her cute little face. I close my eyes again and hope that she didn't notice I opened them. A minute later I peak through my eyes again and she is still cheesing it. I start cracking up! What on earth is she thinking. 'my mom is such a push over', 'I can get anything I want' 'HA HA HA, I got my way again'. I couldn't believe it. This process happened about 5 or 6 time all with the same results. I couldn't stop laughing and finally had to leave when I realized she was getting all riled up. Needless to say she is still awake, because I am now being stubborn and don't want to go in and lay by her. I can't let my 23 month old baby win, can I? What would you guys do?

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Braden who is 28 months old, does the same thing. And he always catches me peeking at him. It becomes quite frustrating when all they want to do is hold you and play. But you know what I believe? If it get's them to sleep, what's the harm? They aren't sleeping in your bed, they aren't being let out to play around, they are just laying down by mom or dad until they crash out in their own bed. I say, no big deal...

Anonymous said...

Natalie,
I have no answers, I tried it ALL!!! I will say though, that at nearly 20 and 22, Thomas and Stephen sleep by themselves, in their own bed all night. My advice? Don't worry, it will pass. I really didn't think my boys would ever sleep!

Jodi said...

We feel for you! Lately, by about 3 AM, both boys end up in bed with us. We figure we have two options: either break them of this or get a bigger bed.

Hayley said...

I would be the last person to give sleeping advice. Nelson is almost 2 and 1/2 and sleeps with me and Roger. It can drive you crazy sometimes but there is nothing better then snuggling with your child.