Saturday, October 18, 2008

Party Time!

Here is the HAPPY BIRTHDAY Girl! Yeah, I know she looks like a rag-a-muffin! What can I say, I was too busy making a cake! So, on the ONE day that my girl is supposed to look like a princess at her dress up party we didn't quite make it to the hair! GO FIGURE! but she had a cake!

****DO NOT STUDY THIS CAKE, AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BLOW UP THIS PICTURE! IT IS FAR FROM PERFECT, BUT SHE IS 2!****

And oh the cake! See I have this problem that I think I can do whatever I want. I have seen all these FABULOUS fondant cakes and I thought 'I have to make one of those cakes'! Have I ever used fondant? YES, a little on Bries barbie cake, like for the trim and stuff. Have I ever covered a whole cake in fondant? NO! This is where most people would take a class or something and learn to do it! Not me, I just think I can! I'm like the little engine that could! So we end up having stress and drama! The party was at 4:00 pm, it was 2:30 and I still had 2 square cakes and 2 round cakes (the square ones were at least stacked and frosted with the first layer) I was in my pajamas and hadn't showered, I still had a fruit dip to make, and I ran out of the regular frosting that you put on first! I couldn't get the fondant on the cake without it tearing! Thank heavens for FRIENDS! Lan, my neighbor, came over and helped! I ended up dumping a ton of powdered sugar out to make it not stick and it worked. Lan made more frosting and frosted the round cake which I had completely given up on, and low and behold we finished the cake at 3:15! BIG THANKS LAN! You saved the cake! As I transported everything from my house to the community room Katrina made the fruit dip for me which wouldn't have gotten done because I didn't have time! THANKS KATRINA!
The kids loved the little balls and I laughed when I saw little holes from sneaky little fingers. It was like this all the way around! Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell the best part of the cake! Hope helped put these little circles on handing them to me so carefully! BRIELLE TOLD ME IT WAS THE GREATEST CAKES OF ALL! OF COURSE THAT MADE ME FELL LIKE I HAD SUCCEEDED!
Here is some of the gang all dressed up! Little Joseph was the only boy, but we were sure glad he came!
And the best part.......
I was not very prepared, we ran out of wrapping paper! In my haste to get the cake made, I turned the wrapping over to Josh! He finished wrapping the present with pictures of women! I was so surprised by this because he NEVER lust after women. I'm always saying "She is gorgeous, or look how hot she look" and he snuffs it off....... Then to see this was a CRACK UP! It really made the party for me! When I woke up giddy, I realized how much I LOVE TO CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS! Thanks to all our great friends who came to play with us and for the gifts that they weren't supposed to bring. Thanks family for the presents you sent! It was fun for Hope to get a little bit of home!



I have videos to come.....we are having a hard time with our internet connection cutting in and out. So, tomorrow after Josh calls and give the internet company what for I will try for the bazillianth time to upload the videos. I am so sad that the family couldn't be there I want you all to get in on the action!

5 comments:

Trent and Richelle said...

Ok, Natalie, you THINK you can do anything because you CAN do anything! You have always been good at everything you do (its kind of annoying to those of us who aren't :). That cake looks pretty darn perfect to me. Most people, including myself, could never have done it, and would not have even attempted to in the first place. You are the best mom and I definitely need to be taking lessons from you!

Amy said...

How cute! It looks like you did a fabulous job! You're just little miss perfectionist, but it looked like a beautiful cake to me!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

OMG - I love that cake! That is amazing. I might just have to try sometime. I do have a MIL that is an amazing cake decorator. I should make her teach me!

Happy Bday Hope!

Emily said...

Awesome! I love it! I am sad I missed out!

Krista said...

The cake is PERFECT and FABULOUS! I have watched my mom use fondant many times and because of that I would never have even attempted this cake! KUDOS to YOU!!

Happy Birthday Party HOPE! You are so cute even without your hair done! You have such a good Mommy!