Friday, October 3, 2008

Huge MILESTONE!


We had a huge milestone today for little Brielley. She wasn't afraid of the water, in fact she liked to swim, as long as she could touch the bottom. We took swimming lessons this summer and I had to fight her somedays to get her to go. I finally figured out it was because she couldn't touch and they made her go across where she couldn't touch.

Well, tonight after a rough night, we went swimming. We have been trying to encourage her that her life jacket will make her float and she never went for it. All of the sudden she just swam out and said "look at me the water is helping me float, it is my friend." We were stunned and just went with it. She had us laughing the whole time because she was in a whole new world. She would say "come on mom lets race. mark, set, go." Then she would start doggy paddling and really get nowhere, but she thought she was so amazing because she was swimming. It was so much fun to watch. At one point she was pretending to be a bird with her arms flapping under the water. Then later I said come on Brie let's swim like birds. She looked at me like I was so dumb and said "Mom I not have wings, I have arms." Oh, silly me, how could I mistake that!

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

That is so cute that she said that "water is her friend." I love it!

Jodi said...

Ahhhhh.... I want one. (Rich) But Jodi wants one too... if she doesn't have to be the one to make her.