Friday, October 10, 2008

A day with our sweet HOPE!


Oh, my little Hope. What a girl she is. Here are some facts about my ALMOST 2 year old.

She loves 101 dalmatians, cinderella, but most of all TOY STORY! She loves toy story so much that when we went to play at others houses she would go straight for the woody doll, or the buzz lightyear. We some how have ended up with a Woody figurine, so if she stole your Woody I AM SO SORRY! I will mail it back to you, let me know if you are missing it! She automatically zones as soon as I turn it on. She also claps at the beginning of all of these shows.

When she gets upset, and you are not doing what she wants you to do she say "HEEEY!!!" Very demandingly.

she is very soft and gentle. She always has been. I have never had to worry about her around babies, or pets because she is just very tender and loving. It is not uncommon for her to just rub your back while your holding her. She will just lay on your shoulder while walking with her. My favorite is when she reaches up and strokes my cheek.


Hopey is very timid and a lot more reserved than we are used too. When swimming she clings to us most of the time. She only tries climbing out of the grocery cart when she sees Brie doing it. She has yet to RUN away from me. She sticks pretty closely to my side when we are out in public. Yet she has this silent confidence. I was outside the other day when she was napping, and I poked my head in to check on her and she was on the couch watching the TV she turned on all by herself! She wasn't scared that she couldn't find me, she just took care of herself. I felt horrible, as the motherhood guilt we all suffer from kicked in!

She still sits very still to get her hair done, although sometimes she cries in the beginning, she never tries to run away or shake her head.

Hope is in the "parrot" stage, and repeats almost EVERYTHING Brielle says. This means that I hear everything twice all day long! She still is a little hard to understand so it is nice to have Bries preface. Some of the words that she says VERY clearly are "Yeah, yay, NO! Hi, Bye, Daddy, Mommy, Ba-Ba, Baby, HEY!, ok, uh-oh, help, more, (and her newest CLEAR word) BELLA"
Hope follows Brielle everywhere, so when Brie is in trouble so is she. She has also started leaning on Brielle to get away from Mommy. One day after I had put her down for a nap she was crying and came running out straight into Brielles arms. Brie plays this up saying "It's ok Hopey, sometimes Mommy's mean." I LOVE that they have such a great relationship! I don't LOVE that they gang up agianst me. I'm guessing this is just the beginning!

Hopes favorite foods are string cheese, bannanas, peaches, salad, chicken nuggets, cheesy, and anything pasta! She still eats pretty good, and at least tries everything I give her. She doesn't eat everything I give her anymore, but she at least tries it. she still has a pretty sensitive tummy, and has thrown up quite a bit lately.


Yes, that is a Sharpie marker! She often gets caught with marker/pen drawing all over her body. She loves to color her body. She rarely colors on the walls and the tables though so I will look at the positive side. She also LOVES to rub lotion, diaper rash cream, shampoo, or soap all over her body. The diaper rash cream was definitely the hardest to get off!
Hope is great at cleaning up, and putting things in thier place. She definitely likes things tidy and picked up! She stille loves babies. That has been her favorite toy since about 5 mos. old.

I often hear Hope crying and go in to find a scene much like this one. She loves to undress and get in dress ups. The problem is she has a hard time getting her clothes off, and getting the dress ups on. So then when she gets stuck she cries.

As I said earlier, Hope has recently decided she want us to lay by her at bedtime. This is mostly just at naptime. I thinks she feels bad that she has to take a nap and Brie doesn't. However, she doesn't come fully out of her room very often. She will usually just open the door and peak out much like this. Sometimes she will sit right outside her door and wait for somebody to say she can come out. I love to see the difference in the girls in this aspect. Brielle would just come running full speed out of her room right to where we were. Hope is quite and kind of hides.

She has definitely hit the terrible two's and is often found doing things she shouldn't. She loves to play with this candle holder, and takes them out and stacks them up. When she cannot be found and hasn't been heard for awhile I usually find her in my closet playing with my shoes or.............
In the bathroom playing in the fingernail polish. Yes she is a total girl! She loves to have her nails painted. The other day she got a hold of my BLACK polish and painted her whole foot and her whole hand. She did pretty good and only got it on her body. I was very impressed that it wasn't EVERYWHERE!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'D DO WITHOUT OUR SWEET BABY. SHE TAKES ON THE BABY OF THE FAMILY ROLE VERY WELL. WE LOVE HER SO MUCH! SHE ADDS SO MANY GREAT THINGS TO OUR FAMILY!

5 comments:

Krista said...

I love how the pictures in this post tells a story in themselves... Little Hope goes from being fully dressed and perfectly put together to being buck naked with marker all over her! LOL!

What a CUTE girly-girl!

Emily said...

I love reading stories about your girls and how it's going being a mom. Your girls are so cute and I think that you're a great mom. Isn't it fun getting to know your kids? I can see some of Lincoln's personality now, but I wonder what kind of 2 year old he will be.

Jenn said...

Thanks for posting on our cute little Hope! I have been missing you guys so bad lately, and it made me feel a little closer seeing a day in the life of Hope!! Love you guys and love our sweet Hope!! Give her a kiss for me!

Emily said...

Such a sweety! I miss you guys! I see that there is another Emily. What a great name! I will sign EE so you know it is me!

Anonymous said...

I was tending Lexi, so I put her on my lap and read her Hope's little story. She got so excited when she saw her picture, and said "Cuuute!" Grandma loves you so much Hope. Hope you have a great birthday. It's going to be sad not being there to celebrate!Lots of hugs & kisses from Grandma!!