This post may seem a little strange to those of you who DO NOT know my husband well. Josh is very tender and compassionate. He is the guy who tries to catch the bugs and spider in a cup to take them outside, instead of killing them. That being said, read ahead to hear a story that ALMOST ended out marriage.
We have had a little friend spider that has hovered around the top of our bedroom for a few weeks. You may have just shuddered, and wondered how we could stand this. Well, I couldn't really reach it, I knew Josh wouldn't kill it, and it didn't seem to move too much. It really just hovered in the same spot. Josh grew found on the little lady (he assumes it a girl due to a theory that females kill male spiders while mating and it is alive so....) and names it ALEX! I just thought 'oh great, we named it.'
Alex went missing and come to find out, Josh prayed for Alex that she could find a safe haven. Today when I opened the shower door low and behold there was our little friend Alex. My first thought 'why couldn't you just stay up on the wall and out of way!' My second thought 'what do I do now, Josh will be so mad if I kill it!'
I called Josh. "Josh I'm in a little bit of a pickle" I explained the situation and he said
"PUT IT IN A CUP, and PUT IT ON MY DESK!" Yes, it is true. I tried to explain to you earlier and I knew you didn't believe it he is that serious about killing bugs and spiders.
So, I tried. I tried and failed. I killed our dear friend Alex, who moments before I killed her Josh described as his BEST FRIEND! Hopefully that was being dramatic. And yes, I was being a little dramatic when I said it was ALMOST the end of our marriage. But my sweet little husband was very sad.


5 comments:
I am STILL laughing!!!!
Too funny!
Oh, my goodness. How could you sleep every night with that spider above your head? Was Alex there when I was visiting? If so, I'm surprised I didn't spot it. You know I can feel the presence of spiders!!! Sorry Josh, your father-in-law has been killing spiders ever since we have been married.
LOL! LOL! LOL!
Josh could never live at our house. The "crackle" bugs make when you squish them into a tissue brings great joy to us. He is lucky to have YOU!
Hey Josh,
Rememeber when our relationship almost ended when I was trying to kill a bee in Dad's old office? You unleashed all of your fury on me! Did you know I do the same thing now though? I always take the bugs outside and have trained my kids to do the same. I always think of you in those moments....ok, but we do kill the brown recluses that I find everywhere!
Post a Comment