Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"ouch!"

What a long day for little Brie! She was out playing with the neighbor kids over by the flowers when Josh and I saw her hauling over on her bike screaming hysterically! My first thought was time to play referee AGAIN, and what could possibly be this bad that she had to make such a fuss! She could barely manage to get the words out "the bee touch me and it hurts"! oh, how this melted my heart. I felt so bad for her experiencing her first bee sting. The bee stung her twice, and she was so upset about it. She finally calmed down when we put the band-aids on.
Now for the umbrella, that is a whole different story. She has begged me for an umbrella every time she sees them in the store. So, the other day, I finally gave in and let her buy a DORA umbrella. Well Hope got a hold of it and fell on it and today Brie informed me "Her umbrella wasn't pretty anymore cuz Hope hurt it." They were constantly fighting over it anyway so I told her she could pick out a new one and Dora could be Hopes. Well she picked out a BARBIE one and when I told her to let me get a pic of her stings she said hold on let me get my umbrella!

She has been spoiled all night though. We were going to go on a picnic for family night, and she wanted to go to McDonalds so we gave in. Then Josh took her and bought her a polly pocket, which I'm sure all the pieces will be lost next week, but for tonight it is sleeping next to her on her pillow! I'm sure she will want to get stung by a bee everyday the way she was treated afterwards.




And these are posted just for you Angela, since you couldn't picture Bries hair. There you go! Plus we just had a really good hair day!


oh, and PS I'm an insomniac! Anybody have any good methods to put me to sleep??? I've slept 4 hours in the last 27, and feel another restless night coming on! Help!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Natalie,
Your girls are so sweet and you are such a good mom! I love looking at your blog! :)

Amy said...

Oh, that is so sad! Poor little Brielle. I hate bees!

Emily said...

I love her hair. It keeps getting darker. Olivia loves Polly Pocket! So sad about the bee. Hopefully all those great memories will erase the the pain of the sting!

Leah and Mike said...

That is so sad! Her hair is adorable! I can't imagine Addy sitting that long to do that hairdo!

baileyfamily said...

Sad. Your girls' hair is always done cute!

Misty Moncur said...

Getting Kammy to let me touch her hair is basically WWIII. You must have the touch.
Last summer Zach and his buddies saw some bees and went poking their noses over around them, curious like kids, and sure enough, Zach got stung right between the eyes. It is so sad because there really isn't anything you can do for them. Sorry Brielle!

Heidi said...

I'm sorry about the bee sting. It sure sounds like she got some good TLC. I'm worried about you and the little amount of sleep. How do you function? My brother in law is going to pharmacutical school. Tylnol Pm and other drugs like it really work. THe trick is to take them every couple of days. Meltonin is an herbal remedy that has really helped me. If you can chug down a cup of warm milk that helps. When I'm struggling to sleep. I take a lavendar or sleeping aid aromatherapy bath. That's pretty much all my little tricks. However, if you continue like this you need to get ya a good old sleeping pill perscription just to get you some rest.