
After hours of whining, and demand after demand I found myself getting really snappy and mean with my children. When I told Brielle to go away, and leave me alone I saw the hurt come into her eyes. She ran away and did as I asked. It was that moment that it hit me hard, these are Gods children. He has trusted me with them and asked me to raise them lovingly so they can return to live with him. It is pretty hard to get upset with them when you think of it this way. I know these pictures are of Jesus Christ, but I imagine our Heavenly Father holding his children the same way. I hope I always remember the way I felt today when I saw the pain I had caused my precious little Brielle.
4 comments:
Thanks for the reminder! :) It is so easy to forget what we are doing sometimes.
we all need a little reminder once in a while. The truth of it all is that we are simply not perfect. You'll only be a better Mom for this little inspirational moment. Thanks for sharing.
Natalie... we've all been there! But thank goodness for those "Learning Moments" when Heavenly Father takes the opportunity to teach us life lessons! You are a WONDERFUL mother! All children deserve to be as loved as Brielle and Hope are by YOU!
Love, Krista
I hate yelling at my kids because it makes me feel worse than they do (not that that stops me sometimes...sometimes I swear they want me to yell at them because they don't listen until I do...)
Post a Comment