Interesting enough of a title right? Well I am starting into the packing and cleaning to get ready for our big move! Yes, I know many of you are in denial (Mom, Jenn, Ang, just to name a few) But it is happening. Today I packed up alot of the girls clothes, winter clothes and clothes that were too small, and I'm still astounded! I simply can't believe the amount of clothes they have! The funny thing is, it seem I can never find anything for them to wear!
I also did my blinds, and this is the real reason for the post! After years of watching my mom try to find the best way to clean blinds I think I found one, so I thought I would share to save you the trouble of trial and error! First of all getting the buggers down is a nightmare-I used a butter knife and just pulled and pried and tugged until I finally could lift that tiny little edge up. then I took them outside and put them on the cement and hosed them down( I quickly learned the grass was not a good idea). After they were wet I rubbed a scrub brush over them and hosed them again. I then flipped them and repeated and let them dry in the sun after a little towel drying! It was fabulous, I had them both done under 30 mins., and it sure beats going slat by slat! So happy blind cleaning! and we can really say happy because it isn't such an awful chore anymore.


5 comments:
I need to try that method! I can't believe you are moving, but it will be a great experience for you and your family!
NATALIE... When are you leaving??? I thought we had you until the end of the summer! Tell me it isn't true!
Nat... I didn't even know you were moving. Where is life taking you now?
I have a blog too http://maddfam07.blogspot.com/ Check it out if you have time.
Good job! I bet it feels great to start to get things taken care of.
Post a Comment