Monday, December 15, 2008

Brielles day as a comedian!

Brielle said and did some of the funniest things today:

first of all it was BEAUTIFUL here, like 70 degrees, so we went to the park. She told me she was tired and wanted to go home. I said ok, thinking she was kidding. She then turned and rode her bike home. A minute later I chased after her and found her on her way back to the park with 3 cookies in her hand
"Here mom, this one is for you and this one is for Hopey!" I have not made any cookies and have NO IDEA where these came from! So I asked "Brielle honey, where did you get those cookies?"
"From the little old man, he went that way!"
Turns out they were from our upstairs neighbor who is anything but a little old man. She left them at our door and Brie just helped herself! At least she thought to share....she even took one and left it on the nightstand by where Josh was taking a nap.

Then I was trying to get her to come over to eat at the table for dinner. She wouldn't listen so I was counting and had threatened time out if she wasn't there by 5! She huffs and puffs over and says
"Geez mom, just chill out OK, just chill out!"
I do not want to condone her talking to me this way but I couldn't hide my laughter! Did I miss her childhood? Is she suddenly 13?

While we were eating she looks at me and says
"Hey, you thinking what I'm thinking?" I giggled and said "I don't know what are you thinking?"
She laughs and replys "Oh, about pretty elephants!" Nope! definitely not thinking what she is thinking!

In her bedtime prayer she said:
"Please bless Hopey, Mommy, Daddy, Me and oh just bless everybody, and all the animals! and oh yeah please bless that tomorrow we can go to McDonalds!"

Our Mcdonalds trips have been few and far between since hitting the law school budget! I guess she is feeling deprived!

To top off the evening I went in to check on the girls after putting them to bed and found Brielle sleeping like this...........(remember she sleeps on the top bunk!)


Me, being the FANTASTIC mom I am run for the camera instead of saving her from her fall. Don't worry I did get her back into bed before she actually fell, but she was slipping inch by inch and hanging on by a thread!

5 comments:

Amy said...

OH my gosh that is hilarious! I love all the litte comments, sometimes you just have to wonder how that little mind comes up with thos things! And I Love the picture... I can just image her thinking she'd get down and fall asleep on the way, funny Brielle!

Hve you found your phone yet? I have been calling you... I guess I will hear from you when you find that phone!! Or email me!

Hermit said...

Oh my gosh, that was awesome! Haha, the pretty elephants part made me laugh SO MUCH. I need to meet your little girls sometime

Hillary Luke said...

Thanks for making me smile with your writing and Brielle's words!

Lan said...

DESTINY TOO! Out of the blue one day on the way back from the Y, she asked me, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Where did they get that I wonder? She never tells me what she's thinking though. I'm sure that won't last too long. I love Brielle said pretty elephants.

Anonymous said...

Cute...Cute...I am sure missing those little girls!!! They are growing up way too fast. Did you get your book ready for print?