Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's What FUN is!


We went to LAGOON on Friday with Josh's family. It was a blast, and the kids loved it! Hope was a little bit more afraid than Brie, but she was a trooper and went on most of the rides that she could ride on.
"I NEED MY HAIR DONE!" Brielle exclaimed as the rattlesnake rapids soaked her! I gladly stayed with the babies on this ride, and Josh said this was not one of Bries favorites!
When I was pregnant with Hope somebody gave us a double stroller because it was so big it wouldn't fit in their van. Of course, it wouldn't fit in our acura either but we kept it anyway. We are happy to say that it fits in our pacifica and was FANTASTIC on our lagoon day! The kids loved that they each had their own space, and we even had two babies sleeping in it at one time. I loved that it pushed as easily as our single stroller which is not the case in most double strollers. It saved us!
The carousal was a favorite for almost all the kids. Brie had her horse picked out before we even got on the ride.
We stuck with my sister in law Christie and her family most of the day. We traded off watching the kids so we could get on some big rides. Josh and I had the opportunity to take her oldest boys Garret and Josh on the colossus for the first time. It was so much fun to spend that time with them and get to know them, and to see how nervous they were.
Josh's mom and dad took our kids for a couple of hours and we got to go on a few ride alone together!
We had to stop at target on the way because Josh didn't want his head getting sunburned! He came out with this pimp hat, that was a hit with everybody especially Hope. She would rip it right off Joshs head and put it on her own.

Our nephews Josh and tyler, and Brie and Hope .The one downfall to the day! Hope dove head first out of the stroller. I had remembered that head injuries bled a lot, but when you are in the moment that doesn't matter. It was dripping blood and Josh and I both kid of panicked. Imagine our surprise when it was just a little tiny scrape, and goose egg.

Thanks Christie for organizing the festivities. It was definitely wondi of wondies ( in fawson terms)

3 comments:

Amy said...

what a fun day! That totally makes me want to go to LAGOON! Cute pictures!

Emily said...

Love all the pictures! Sounds like so much fun!

Katrina said...

I love theme parks! It looks like you guys had a great time. We have Busch Gardens here in Virginia that is about 40 minutes away! It is so fun...and so big!! Are you guys getting all packed up??