
Wednesday we headed to Jamestown Settlement to start seeing the sites. This was exciting because my Dad is a history buff and he was excited to see the everything.


By the big boats. Brielle was afraid to go on at first because of the pirates. When we assured her there were no pirates she was fine.

Then we headed to Yorktown victory center, where we saw more of kind of the same stuff, but I guess my Dad liked it better. We couldn't get him out of the museum.

The girls love that they could touch everything. And they did. This was a tent kind set up like at a camp.

We got to see the guns they used and how they fired them, and also a canon. It is incredible how long it takes to load those things and get a shot off. And after taking the time to load them they are not accurate at all, there is no way to aim.

Then on Friday we went to Williamsburg. Dad did not want to get in this to take the pic but we just couldn't miss this photo opt!

And I think I want to invest in one for time out!

Brielle thought it was so weird. I couldn't get over her face in this picture.

Brielle took this picture in the church. It was built so long ago and I am so sad it was closed when I went there with my Mother in law. She would have LOVED it. It had old plaques of all the people in history who had worshiped there. They still hold 4 sunday services. I thought that was pretty cool.

After Williamsburg we went to Yorktown Battlefield and just drove through the tour. This is the monument.
So, are you wondering what we did on our down time??? Well let me just say I have a VERY patient Dad. Because we were either shopping or home doing projects.

We got a new rug for my kitchen.....finally! The old ones were driving me crazy.

We got these couches a couple months ago and the pillows were HIDEOUS! My Mom, being the amazing woman she is recovered them for me. I love them!

We bought curtains!

And baskets for extra storage under my coffee table!

And we got this cute book, so we rearranged the top of the entertainment center! Loving it all!

My mom also made this witch boot for my door and we managed to get it up just in time for Halloween. Thanks again Mom....and Dad (for being so patient)! Thanks for all the help and thanks for coming we loved having you!
4 comments:
Everything looks so good!! Aren't we so lucky to have such amazing parents!!
This makes me really miss the east coast, so much amazing history. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it with your parents. Your house looks fabulous!
Caaaute! Lurve it! so would Sara
I LOVE all of your pictures! You guys are doing so many cool things! That's so awesome that you get to travel to different places and experience so much. I'm sure it was so nice to have your parents there for a little while too. By the way... I am so jealous of how cute you are pregnant. I swear I feel so fat already!!! When is your due date again?
Oh... and also... your girls REALLY are the cutest bumblebee & ladybug EVER!! Way cute idea! They look darling. :)
Post a Comment