
We are so excited to have my parents here for the week. We started our trip off in Washington DC. My parents flew into Baltimore and stayed at a cousins and we met them there. We then got up and hit DC the next day. We started our journey at Arlington Cemetery.

It was GORGEOUS! I couldn't get over the thousands and thousands of grave sites. Incredible!

Don't ask what Hope was doing. Here is another picture of all the tombstones, because I was seriously in awe.

This is John F. Kennedy's Grave. When I walked up to Brie she told me that a mean man didn't like him and so he gave him a shot. I guess my mom had told her that a mean man didn't like him so he shot him. Funny how kids interpret things.

We walked up right in time to see the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldiers. It was really cool.

I don't know if you can see but Brielle is copying the guard in the background. They click their heels together when they turn, and she was holding her flower like her gun and turning and walking and clicking her heels exactly like the soldier. It was really cute.

Then we went to Lincoln Memorial. It was fun to see the view of the capital building and Washington Monument in the background.

And he was HUGE! I had seen pictures before, but nothing prepared me for how big he was. The girls wanted to go up and touch him.

They then were climbing (more like running) up the ramp next to the stairs and then sliding down. People around thought this was really funny. I felt like a mom who couldn't control her kids. But they were so good the whole time that I couldn't complain too much.

Sweet Brielle 4 years old!

Little Hope 3 years old. Too bad her face is dirty, I LOVE this pic!
We went to the air and space museum too, but I left my camera in the car. Just saving you from having to see more pictures! My favorite was seeing the exhibit on the Wright Brothers.

We finished off our trip with a trip to the temple. I am always so excited to go to the temple and always astounded by the beauty. It is so fascinating to me how beautiful and different EVERY temple I go to is. The landscape always fits with the scenery and it is always amazingly gorgeous.

My parents watched the girls for us and then brought them and met us. It was so fun for them to see the temple too. They loved the statue of Jesus, and loved feeling the marks in his feet.


I LOVED the color of the leaves that surrounded the temple. Our trees haven't changed colors quite yet, so it was fun to see. I am so happy my parents got to see it with the beautiful autumn leaves.
We had a great weekend and I am sure we will have a great week. Stay tuned for updates of our activites!
5 comments:
Wow the pictures are awesome! It looks like you guys had a fun trip. I was just thinking about you Natalie because I was making BOWS and thought about all the fun times we had making bows! I hope you're feeling well and everything! Thanks for the pics, you guys are one cute fam!
So much fun!!! I LOVE D.C.!!! I had a total blast when Soji, me and my folks went there!!! Such a interesting place with a really cool history!!
1. Is is sooo bad of me to want all the family that has been here to go away so I can have all my friends back??
2. The D.C. trip looks amazing and now I seriously can't wait to go!
3. Loved the matching outfits!
4. That pregnant belly could not be any cuter!
5. Love that you have Hairspray playing.
D.C. is such a great place! So much history and beauty, and that temple is just amazing. I'm glad you were able to see your parents and that you all had such a great time. Your girls are always dressed so cute! As are you, of course, I just love how you coordinate their outfits.
Just beautiful!
Post a Comment