Thursday, February 5, 2009

The plane ride!

We started our journey early on tues. morning! My sisters did not know that I was coming and I was so excited to surprise them! I was excited to surprise everybody but it slowly started getting out!

The Girls didn't really know what was going on but were excited. They loved looking out the big window at the all the big planes! We flew to Baltimore, which was only a 40 min. flight! It was great! The looked out the window. They giggled when the plane took off and landed! They loved getting apple juice for the stewardess. We didn't even have to pull out any of our snacks or activities and I thought "Wow, this will be a breeze!"



We had a 2 1/2 hour layover in which we went potty twice, ate, had ice cream, and ran around the windows like crazy! We even ran into the glass a few times and it was funnier everytime! When were they going to realize that they could not walk through the glass?



When we finally boarded the plane I quickly realized this was NOT going to breeze! I knew it would be kind of caotic but the first flight fooled me a little into thinking it would be easy! We were on that flight for 5 1/2 hours and it was LLLOOONNNGGG! Everybody was getting restless so it is no wonder that the kids were! We took a bathroom break which was humorous shoving all of us into that tiny little bathroom! The clouds only look cool for so long, but when we were finally flying over utah, Brielle looked out and said

" Wow, it really is Utah!"

I don't know if it was the mountains (which are gigantic, you forget how big they really are!) or the snow, but she remembered something about Utah!

When she saw my mom at the airport she ran straight into her arms! it was so sweet!

I couldn't wait to see my sisters! Angela came over and we all ran out yelling "SURPRISE!" Her face was priceless! We then both yelled, screamed, hugged, and cried! Jennifer figured out that I was here over the phone! I had slipped quiet a few times talking to her, then when Ang was begging her to come to g-ville she put two and two together!
We couldn't stop laughing and we couldn't believe that we were together! WE spent the week together, and then my Brothers and sister in law came out this past weekend! It has been a blast being with the family! The kids have been excited to see thier cousins and Brie has been referring to them as her buddies!
I haven't got to spend much time with Josh's side of the family, but I can't wait until they all come up so that we can get together! We saw Mikey and Jen's little baby, and the girls just went nuts over him!
We are so happy to have this time to spend with our family and friends!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I didn't know baby had been born...do tell all the fun details, please?

Trent and Richelle said...

My dad rides in a carpool with your dad and my dad was telling me how excited Larry was that you were coming to visit :)
P.S. I am jealous. This is why I have always wanted sisters...

Lacey Sue said...

How fun!!! You are brave to travel alone with two kiddos. It about killed chad and I both when we took the kids to disneyland...wow. They are a handful on a plane. I admire your courage, and I am glad your out for a visit...maybe I'll see ya!

Emily said...

So fun! Wish I were there. Can't wait for summer!

Christie and Dane said...

I'm glad you survived!!! Thanks so much for the adorable b-day card!!! The calendar will be in the mail shortly!! Enjoy your trip!

Kerissa ~ said...

I can't believe how big your girls are! You haven't been gone that long have you?