
I went to a bridal shower today for my soon to be neice-in-law(does that work?) And let me just say
I HATE dirt! When I heard it was going to be in the backyard, I thought
FANTASTIC! The kids can just
run around and play, and it will be very
peaceful for me!
I was wrong! The whole side of the yard was dirt, and I
tried so hard to be
relaxed and
calm about this. I let it go when Hope started
sifting her fingers through it, I let it go when she was
dumping it in her shoe, I even stifled a
little laugh when she
ate it and had it
all over her face. I can't explain to you my
feelings watching my
kids get so filthy. I'm
not a
clean freak either, it really just must be the dirt. Then Brielle found a cup and came and dumped a huge pile of dirt into spilled water!
We now had MUD! This is when
lost control! I immediately threw my plate of food in the garbage, grabbed all my stuff and both kids under my arm and left. The kids are now
bathed and clean and I'm a
calm, HAPPY mommy!
4 comments:
I feel the exact same way!! The beach is not as bad as dirt...but you will soon find out that the kids will get so dirty at the beach...sticky from suntan lotion, sweaty from the heat, and covered in sand! I love the beach-but mostly without my children!!
Hi, you don't know me, but I'm Katrina and Abbi's friend at Regent. I'm in thier ward and thier neighbor. I just got a moment to check out your blog and I'm sooooo excited that you'll be here. You look so familiar to me, I know that is wierd. I went to Lone Peak High School, maybe I saw you there, not sure. Anyway, my name is Chablis (shablee) Adams. I can't wait to meet you!
I totally agree with you! I HATE dirt. That is why I am bugging my husband every second to go work on our yard because, right now, that is all we have...dirt (and mud when it rains). I CAN'T WAIT FOR GRASS!!
You crack me up!
Post a Comment