Sunday, May 11, 2008

Brielle turned 3, and I just can't believe my baby is so big! She has been talking about a barbie cake for a couple of months now, so I borrowed a cake pan from a somebody in my ward. I was so happy I heard her tell my sister "a barbie cake with my name on it"! I would have never thought to put her name on it. The lady said it was easy, so I of course put it off to the last minute! I was up til 2:30 last night decorating the cake, and the house and trying to get everything ready! I was thrilled with how the cake turned out though, and after all the work I had to take lots of pics!
She couldn't wait to eat it. All day, about every 10 mins., we heard I want to eat my barbie cake. We then would explain to her that everybody was going to come and we were going to sing and she could blow out the candles then we would eat the cake. She would be fine for the next 9 mins. She was quite the princess today! She didn't want her hair done, so I didn't make her get it done. She wanted to stay in her church dress, and as you can see she got her way.
After she blew out the candle we took the barbie head out and she immediately took it from my hand and started licking the frosting off. That was all the cake she had-she didn't even want the actual cake just the barbie head!
Hope dug right in, as soon as Brielle left!


We got her a little princess bike! We left it out in the living room and she came in this morning all excited, my big bike, my big bike! I said wait a second let me get out the camera and when she came out with us singing to her, she acted like she didn't like it! It was so disappointing because she had been talking about her bday all week. Then throughout the day she would go out and ride it and loved it. We had to take it down to Grandmas to show everybody her new bike.

3 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Your cake was awesome! It looks like Brielle did so cute on her bike. I think you can buy the little doll seats for the back separately, too. Kammy loves her doll seat, but she's not much of a biker. We have to nudge each leg when she is supposed to use it to pedal so she won't forget. Happy Birthday Brielle!

Emily said...

I love the cake! Great job! I can't believe she is 3! Her hair looks like it is getting dark. She did great on her bike! Happy Birthday Brie!

Nelson Newz said...

Yeah for Brielle! You are so crafty Natalie! You guys can't move - I need you to help me do creative things for my girls when they are older! =)