I have waited, anticipated and planned my sisters visit for a couple of months. Unfortunately the weatherman was trying to ruin my plans. He said, "THEY" all said that it would SNOW in Virginia Beach. HA! We all laughed. "THEY" said it would be the biggest storm we've seen in 20 years! HA HA!!!! We all laughed again.
Angela got here without a hitch, and we went to dinner and a movie and had a fun little girls night. We laughed and ate and had a blast! We laughed at the weatherman again when skies were clear still at 2 am when we finally rolled into bed. But then "THEY" just had to be right and we woke up to this......

I am not in UTAH! Angela and my mom were not in UTAH! We should not be seeing this!

Since they only had 23 snow plows and only cleared main roads we were stuck inside all day Saturday. We looked especially cute hanging out in our jammies with no make-up on(Angela cheated and put make-up on!) We were so cold, due to our all too drafty cheap windows. So we put anything on to stay warm (note the cute socks)!

We went tubing VA Beach style.......on water tubes and boogy boards!

The girls loved it, and Brielle has been so sad today because it is melting. We told her there was nothing we could do about it. What can we say, she is a Utah baby!

I think Hope was a little confused. Are we swimming?

Somebody built this AMAZING snow man! I think the adults around here had just as much fun as all the kids.

My Mom's flight got delayed so she got to be house bound with us too. We were happy to have her for a little longer. We took her to the airport Sunday, on our way out to go tubing some more.

Angela and I did what we do best on Monday and shopped til we dropped! or the kids dropped was more like it. We could have gone for hours longer. There is something about my sisters that bring out my inner shopaholic that I have stowed away the past year and a half. In fact one of my friends said she would have never guessed that I loved to shop!
Tuesday we had to say goodbye too soon. I was not ready to see her go. We didn't have near long enough especially with our snow days. Thanks for coming Angela! And big thanks to Jeff for the amazing Christmas present and for taking off work so she could come see me.
8 comments:
I'm SO glad you got to see them and they got to see little Rigdon:) I guess I'll have to wait until May!Isn't it funny how people act that are not used to snow--when I was in Texas, it used to crack me up.
Awe SNOW! I know Ang wasn't planning on that. However, I also know she'd do anything to see YOU and that new little Babe! "Sisters" make me smile!
I am soo happy you had your family there with yall!! It was just like Utah, now if they could just clear the roads as well as Utah!
You live in Virginia Beach?? We live in Arlington! COOL!
HAHA, Hope in her swimsuit made me laugh! I'm so glad that your family was able to come see you. By the way, you look amazing! Glad you guys are doing so well :)
I am sitting here reading this and missing you! I had so much fun! A little snow doesn't stop us! I am still trying to get back into my routines after 4 LATE nights in a row! I am so glad I got to meet all your cute friends, tell them all thanks for making me feel so welcome! Give Rigdon and the girls a kiss for me! love you!!!
At first I totally forgot you weren't in Utah and thought, where did this snow fall??? We haven't had snow for weeks... now we know where it all went. How fun!
I've met to tell you I've been onto your blog with the new baby and all!
I am so thrilled for you and Josh!
When you mom came to visit I guess you knew Jeanne and I were the only sisters left in Utah. It was pretty scarey, praying they would all return home safely.
Also, It's great that you inhereted the aunt's shopping skills, it makes life so much fun!!! I think all the daughters have a bit of it, I know mine does.
Have a great day, and remember Aunt Bea, loves you all and can't wait for you to come to Utah!
Post a Comment