Josh got home today around 1:00 and I was tired so I went in to take a nap.
Shouldn't have done that!
I woke up to complete chaos! Couches flipped over, things pulled out of closets, and away from walls. I immediately yelled "Josh, what in the world is going on?"
He comes out and say ( and I kid you not)
"It is worst than you could even imagine. It is so bad." He keeps telling me this and my mind is going crazy. I can imagine IT getting out, but what could be worst????
He then proceeds to tell me that while I was sleeping him and the kids went out and about and just happened to pick up (are you ready for this???? Brace yourself!) ANOTHER HAMSTER!
Can you believe the nerve this guy has? I am so mad at this that I can't even think about why my house is torn apart.
He then proceeds to tell me that apparently we have "a really slow, fatty hamster that is really lazy." (He thought it was just the breed) "But this NEW ONE is CrAZy!"
So the other hamster was really easy to catch and didn't move to fast and didn't really ever get out of control, but this one ran away and was missing ALL DAY! I was still mad he brought another one home without consulting me (I AM still mad! Lets change that to the present tense!) But then he let it get lost! I left the house for the rest of the night with Hope in tow, and came home around 8:00 to find that they still had not found the dang thing.
I finally went in and started cleaning my room. Which I can't believe I did but honestly didn't think it would be in there. I heard little mouse noises! Now when you are TERRIFIED of the creatures you become very good at detecting these noises. I was pretty sure they were mouse noises, but the rain outside was tricking me. I immediately yelled for Josh and he said he heard him in there too. What? Then why didn't he find him already??? So they looked under the bookshelf and low and behold there it was.
Josh greeted the thing like a long lost lover, screaming over and over "oh, Roger we have found you" " I missed you rogi." "Dont be afraid your home now!"
I quickly reminded him, we were taking it back on MONDAY! (and I might even see if they really are open tomorrow. Josh CLAIMS they are not.)
Meanwhile we are watching this thing compared to the one we already have and we realize that ROXY (hamster 1) is like twice the size of this other one and A LOT less active. Like she only comes out to eat. They kept them in a cage with multiple hamsters at the pet store, and you guessed it, we are wondering if she is PREGNANT!
So, today not only did the hamster get loose in my house, Josh brought another one home. (Which we are taking back) but the one that we have may be having a bunch more anyway!
WHY????? I am still praying they are both BOYS! We still have a shot at this right?


6 comments:
Don't even know what to say! So sorry.
Yesterday when I went to pick up Sadie I witnessed the house upside down...not pretty. Glad Rogi was found and will be returning back to the store..haha!
Joshy is still little boy gerbile loving Joshy LOL.
Natalie I am so sad for you!! Your story was so funny though that I have to admit I laughed... and quite entertaining. I totally sympathize with you though because when my family used to have birds I was terrified to even go near the cage... and guess who was always the first and only one to know that one had gotten out? Me... and even when nobody believed me they'd come look and sure enough one would be missing and we'd find it somewhere around our house. Some people just don't understand. :) You'll have to keep us posted on what happens tomorrow.
Once we had like 15 kittens and I was so tired of them meowing all the time and the flippin' poop, that I loaded 'em up in the garbage can, put the garbage can in the old GRanAdA ( I was only 14) and headed down to Cooley Lane and let the little creatures go! I still don't feel bad about it:) Get rid of them--you're the boss:)
Hope you get your way on this one Nat, because I might have to get a motel room when we come to stay!!!
This story reminds me of the time Robbie thought it would be a good idea to bring Canyon 3 HUGE lizards home from Dugway. I was on the computer one day and seen something move out of the corner of my eye. It was a lizard!!! All three got loose, luckily we found them all and they were GONE after that!
Post a Comment