It all started with these sad, begging TWO faces. I mean really how could anybody say NO to these faces! Especially since one is a grown man, and should never put his wife through having to say yes or no to that face.
So what were they BEGGING me for?
I think I have made you wait long enough. They wanted a HAMSTER! Josh took the kids to the post office a few days ago and apparently stopped by the pet store on the way home. All I have heard from BOTH of them (and sometimes even Hope if she was around when they were asking) is "Can we PLEEEAASSE get a hamster?" Yes, even from my grown husband. He even went as far as to say one day he could not focus all day in class and studying because all he could think about was getting a hamster. Oh, brother!
If any of you know me AT ALL, or have followed this blog for awhile you know
I. HATE. MICE!!!
I. HATE. MICE!!!
Detest them! Terrified of them! Can't sleep when they are in my house because I dream they are eating through my body! HATE THEM! I immediately say there is NO WAY because I can't deal with the stress of having this thing in my house. Josh knows I am TERRIFIED! Why would he even ask me for one and put this kind of pressure on me, and every time with that face? WHY? I felt like the wicked stepmom on cinderella! The days went by and I was still hearing about it. I finally said I would at least go look at them. So we went. The Girls were thrilled. First glance I freaked out and said ABSOLUTELY NOT! NOT HAPPENING! LETS GO! We get out to the car and there is still the face! This is a grown man! It is his house too, and I kind of felt like there is no way I even had a say in this. He made the comment "we'll just wait til she is not with us!" I would much rather have been involved in the horrible act so I could at least get the credit with the girls.
So grinding my teeth, digging my heels and shuddering every second we picked out a dwarf hamster and cage to go with it! I am getting more used too it, but haven't touch it and probably never will. I secretly hope this will help me get over my fear of mice, but doubt it. I will say it is different having them locked in cage, and one you picked out, rather than a free roaming wild thing! And I have to add all the doors on the cage are WIRED shut so the kids CANNOT get into them without Josh! Call me paranoid that is just fine by me!
So grinding my teeth, digging my heels and shuddering every second we picked out a dwarf hamster and cage to go with it! I am getting more used too it, but haven't touch it and probably never will. I secretly hope this will help me get over my fear of mice, but doubt it. I will say it is different having them locked in cage, and one you picked out, rather than a free roaming wild thing! And I have to add all the doors on the cage are WIRED shut so the kids CANNOT get into them without Josh! Call me paranoid that is just fine by me!
So there you have it. The HORRIBLE, UGLY, WORST day of my life made my husband and children so happy!!!! Is it worth it????? I'm not so sure!


12 comments:
You are so good! I can't say I would never do it, because I did let Maggie ride a horse last week @ the State Fair!! i hate horses and couldn't believe I let her or actually thought it was cute. BUT, I'm with you and hate mice!! It could be worse, I guess, remember when Craig brought home a snake to Aunt Bea's house............now that would be much worse. I hope you receive endless blessings for your kindness and Josh owes you BIG time:)
p.s. I'm SO THRILLED you're getting a boy--you'll have to let me in on your secret!
This is Rich Sorenson
You've made him an even more a lucky and happy guy. Those little critters were so much fun when we were younger. I wouldn't worry as much about "more" critters as much as the plastic maze like habitats that are eventually an inevitability . They grow exponentially larger with the amount of creativity thats behind them, so in Josh's case... hold on hanna!
I have yet to see a hampster that has lived for 3 years... or 2... or even 1. Does that give you a little comfort? LOL!
You put me to shame! Don't tell Dakota, he might move in with you!!!! I told him ABSOLUTLEY not when he asked for one, and Jeff backed me 110%. You are a better mom than me! Have fun and don't call me when it gets loose in your house!!!! (Just kidding) Love ya!!!
I'm with you. Yuck.
How did you get Brielle to "pout" so good??? I guess that little critter will be there when I come to visit??? Wonder how I'll feel!!!
You are so great, I hope it's a good pet experience and I'm sure they all adore you for the sacrifice:). I saw your facebook comment tonight and I just wanted to say that you are awesome and even when you feel like you get nothing done in a day you are doing soooo much. You have beautiful, happy girls and you are pregnant with another baby! That alone qualifies you for an award! Don't be hard on yourself, I think you are amazing, if that means anything :) and I know that Heavenly Father is so grateful for the work you are doing building such a strong family. I hope tomorrow is better:)!
P.S. I forgot to mention that your playlist is great!
You are such a good mommy. I would have never of done it. John and I agreed before we were married NO PETS. I don't even want a fish. Your kids will always remember letting them have it and my kids will remember the mean fights because I won't. LOL Good luck with it. I had hamsters all the time growing up and we loved them! We even got one that had babies:) They were so fun. Hope you enjoy it!
I don't think I will be holding Roxy anytime soon eaither! Let's just pray she gets "lossed" or goes to "sleep" in the near future.
The girls are so dreamy in thier dance outfits. And I'm loving Hope in Sadie's swim suit...it fits perfect!!
Natalie---the Angel of the world--I can only say how much I love you for making my son the happiest man alive.
giving him a beautiful family, and letting him be who he is. He really did have fun as a child with his gerbels---This summer-- with the tadpoles that turned into frogs and we were all able to watch that happen. You are amazing!!!!!!! I know how you feel about animals--and yet you allow your children to explore. You are wonderful I love you!!!!
You are such a nice mom. At least it is a hamster and not an actual mouse - we have been having mice in our neighborhood like crazy, so I am a little anti-rodents lately. Your little hamster is pretty cute though :)
Post a Comment