Oh, you don't??? Well I do! I am ALWAYS shocked when I HAVE to get mad at her!
I was NOT thinking these things yesterday.
But, the funny thing is it broke my heart not to think these tender thoughts about my baby. It broke my heart to get down in her face and tell her so sternly (you could consider it yelling) "NO, NO" over and over. And explain to her she could NEVER do this again. All the while watching her tiny lips slowly form into a little pout. And those gorgeous blue eyes rimming with tears as she tries so hard to hold back the inevitable flood. I knew I was not only trying to teach her something, I WAS HURTING HER FEELINGS. It broke my heart, and I know it broke hers because she is SO sensitive.
So what was all the DRAMA that created all these emotions in our house?
Hope cut her hair for the 2nd time! Brielle still has her beat by 2 times and I really hope that she wins this battle!
Having been through it before (ALOT) I would say that this was the WORST we have EVER had, but I actually handled it the BEST! I didn't even shed a tear!
I know all of are saying "Why doesn't she put the scissors away??? Hasn't she learned her lesson!" To answer you question YES! I always keep them up on the fridge, I had gotten them down for Brielle to do something and she got a hold of them!
Ready for the big reveal????
But, the funny thing is it broke my heart not to think these tender thoughts about my baby. It broke my heart to get down in her face and tell her so sternly (you could consider it yelling) "NO, NO" over and over. And explain to her she could NEVER do this again. All the while watching her tiny lips slowly form into a little pout. And those gorgeous blue eyes rimming with tears as she tries so hard to hold back the inevitable flood. I knew I was not only trying to teach her something, I WAS HURTING HER FEELINGS. It broke my heart, and I know it broke hers because she is SO sensitive.
So what was all the DRAMA that created all these emotions in our house?
Hope cut her hair for the 2nd time! Brielle still has her beat by 2 times and I really hope that she wins this battle!
Having been through it before (ALOT) I would say that this was the WORST we have EVER had, but I actually handled it the BEST! I didn't even shed a tear!
I know all of are saying "Why doesn't she put the scissors away??? Hasn't she learned her lesson!" To answer you question YES! I always keep them up on the fridge, I had gotten them down for Brielle to do something and she got a hold of them!
Ready for the big reveal????
Yup!!! Right down the top of her head! IT IS HORRIBLE! BY FAR THE WORST! and clear to the scalp in some spots!
I was sad and grumpy after! The shopaholic in me said I needed to get out and go shopping! I went to Burlington and bought like 10 headband and a couple hats for $16! These will be permanent fixtures on her head for at least a year!
Here is to a long 2-3 years of growing out this spot. Shoot hopefully by the time she hits kindergarten her hair will be normal!


3 comments:
I am sooooo sorry! You know, you absolutely loved cutting with scissors. I can't remember if you cut your hair...if so it was just once, and you never did it again because I freaked out. Looks like it might be time for a pixie cut. Sorry. P.S. Love your couch. MOM
Natalie, in an attempt to comfort you realize if you new little son cuts his hair it won't matter, you can just buzz it off. :) The JOY of having a boy!
Sorry about your little Hope though.
My kids never cut their own hair but Stephen cut Claire's (five years older) because "it was sticking up right there!" Honestly!
At least hats and headbands are in :)
Post a Comment