Friday, September 18, 2009

Ballet

Brielle started ballet last week. She was so excited. We have gone back and forth with Hope, and if she is ready to start, she definitely wants too. I am so happy Josh had the insight to tell me to at least get her a little dance outfit. They have both been wearing them all week.
I couldn't wait for her to get out so she could tell me all about it. I was trying to get every detail out of her. This is after all the first thing she has done away from me. She said that it was so fun, but the teacher has a time out spot that she saves for kids who dont listen. I immediately asked if she had to go to time out. First she said No! Then she said "well yeah mom, but just once. I was going to fast. Did you know ballerinas are slow and pretty?" I hope that is the last of her time out visits.
The lady said Hope could try it for the day so I tried to take her in and she just kept saying "no, no!" so I thought well there is our answer. But then when they shut the door she lost it and kept saying "I ballet with sissy, I ballet with sissy." over and over. They have a little store next door and she found her some shoes that fit and she was ready to go. I think that may have been the problem. She didn't have shoes on when I tried to take her in. This little girl likes to have everything perfect. I am finding that most of her fits are due to things not being quite right. And we have had lots of accidents on the bathroom floor because she must shut and lock the door, flush the potty BEFORE she goes and wait for it to fill (because Brie never flushes) then pull down her pants and then her panties. By then she can't hold it anymore.

Anyways, I am going to get her some shoes and then we may try it again.

I had to throw these pictures of Hopes hair in because Angela and my Mom said that it didn't look that bad. The last pics must not have done it justice! yes, that part on the side is clear to her scalp.

4 comments:

Angela said...

What BEAUTIFUL ballerinas! I understand wearing dance clothes all the time, Lexi is doing that too! Have fun in dance Bri! You'll have to call me and tell me all about it! Love you guys!

1 of the Grandmas said...

So "Pretty in Pink". Love those little dancers. Ohhhh!!! It's amazing what you can do to her hair. Sorry again. It is pretty bad. Love MOM

Misty Moncur said...

So cute! Kammi started ballet a few weeks ago with Miss Sarah who does an absolute darling job with them. The funnest part is just watching them be so excited. Glad your girls are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

this grammy has tears in her eyes -- what beautiful little girls in pink.
Ooh--the hair is short!!!