Saturday, March 7, 2009

fun day at the beach!

We had a great day yesterday. We started the day out with a PRETEND birthday. Ever since my birthday Brie has been so excited for hers....in May. She can't stop talking about it. Josh had bought all the stuff to make me a birthday cake but then Caroline had made the one pictured above (sorry we cut into before we got a pic, I wasn't my normal self that night)! So they ended up not making the cake and Brie has wanted to ever since. Josh and Brie started out the day by making the cake and Brie quickly staked her claim as her birthday cake. She was nice enough to share when Destiny came over. They were singing "happy birthday to us!" We sang and blew out candles and the whole bit. Funny, funny!
Destiny and Brielle blowing out their "birthday"candles.
They were so excited. I think Josh is the coolest dad. I kept being bah-hum-bug saying it was going to ruin there real birthdays. They obviously didn't care.
We then hit the beach with some friends. A friend of ours has a house on the beach and she invited us to come over for the afternoon. The weather was PERFECT (a little windy, but fine) and we were the ONLY ones on the beach! It was so great.
We flew kites, which made the wind fun. We also lost one and ALMOST two to the water.
Little Hope flying the kite. She was so proud.

I couldn't resist! This was the view we had from Hope all afternoon. She just can't keep those pants up now that she has big girl panties on.
All the kids. There was ONE little boy there but he didn't want to get in the picture. I don't blame him with all those girls!
Hope, Trinity, Destiny, Brielle, Joslyn, Lilly. Not pictured Judah.
The Girls
Lan, Me, baby Lilly, Victoria, Sarah, and Liz
The Boys
Nathan, Josh, Tim, Jordan, and Austin
The girls, of course, love baby Lilly. They were always fighting over who got to hold her. Check out Brielle's face in this picture. She was so mad that Destiny was holding the baby and she didn't get too......
Then it was her turn. Just look at the turn of events. Can we say a little MOODY?!!? Boy can she turn that pout on and off. We asked her later what her favorite part of the day was and she said "Holding baby Lilly!" We could have done that at home!


Thanks so much to Jordan and Sarah for the FANTASTIC day. We had a great time!

5 comments:

Christie and Dane said...

Cute pictures!!! We've had a kite for something like 5 years and have never flown it. Maybe this is the year!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go to the beach with you again!! Looked so fun!! It has snowed here all day, but not a lot has stuck on the ground. Kiss the girls for me, I miss em. Love Mom

Emily said...

Beautiful! That looks like so much fun! Before you leave VA We have to come for a visit! Your girls are gorgeous!

Heather said...

Hi Natalie and Josh! You guys live in Va huh? So close to NYC! I hope you are doing well. Your family is so cute and I like to stop by once and a while to check things out.
Heather (Thompson) Eastman

Anonymous said...

I'm really bored and I am trying to match up girls & guys together. Here's how I guess: Victoria & Jordan, Sarah & Nathan, Liz & Austin. How close did I come? Is your mom crazy? You would think I have better things to do...I do...but I don't want to do them!!!! Love MOM