Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heartbreak # 3

Let me start off my story by giving you a little history. For some reason I knew when I was pregnant with Brie that she would be bald. I just knew. I don't know if God was preparing me for the baldness, but I knew this baby girl would come out with absolutely no hair. Sure enough it was true. She was bald. I waited and waited for her to get hair, and finally about one, I could do a tiny little ponytail on top. Her hair grew faster after this, and it was starting to get long and thick. I was thrilled. I gave her a cute little haircut, and trimmed up the back, and cut her some little bangs. This was in August. The next day she took a pair of scissors to her bangs and cut them clear to the scalp.

I was devastated, needless to say. This was my first heartbreak. I just didn't know how we were ever going to get her hair to a normal state again. I made the decision to chop it so her bangs and front portion of hair could catch up quicker. I was happy and it was a good decision, it turned out to be a cute little hair cut, and her hair still looked fairly healthy. Sometime shortly after we cut it, she cut it again. This time not such a big deal just a small piece in the back, and not noticeable at all. I put her in time out and honestly didn't think she would ever do it again. Both times after she had done it, it was right after I had cut it. So I took her somewhere to get it done and told her " Only Candice gets to cut your hair, no one else ok" She seemed like she understood. Oh, how shocked and mad I was when she came out today and said " I cut my hair" I said " Brielle you better not have cut your hair" " Yeah, mom i cut my hair." I looked at her hair and wanted to cry. Instead I spanked her for the second time in her entire life. I really don't like to spank, but I didn't know what else to do, time out obviously didn't work. This was the worst of the three, and this time I truly and honestly don't know how long it will take for her hair to recover.

This is the clump of hair I found on the bedroom floor. It was so sad for me to gather. I really don't think you can get the picture of just how much is there, but take it from me there was a lot of hair. Many of you may think I am being dramatic about this, but I honestly won't be able to do anything with her hair but leave it down. That is going to get boring. On a positive note, at least it is at the bottom, and will grow the fastest as long as I keep her hair short.


Meanwhile Josh is having a mid life crisis and decides he is too bald so yes he shaved his head. Gone, completely gone. This family is having serious hair issues!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I simply cannot believe she did it 3 times. Macy cut hers once about 6 months ago & we made such a big deal about it I think we scared her to death. I'm sure it will grow back quicker than you think.

Emily said...

I am so sad for you! I don't think you are over reacting at all! Silly Brielle!