Today was even worse than a normal Monday morning. When Josh was leaving to class he asked me where his background check was. A pit immediately formed in my stomach! I wanted to throw up.
You see it all started Friday. I was going to playgroup and we stopped by to pick up my friend Jill. When I looked over in the passenger seat and realized you couldn't even sit in it. I got frustrated. I immediately jumped out of the car and started gathering papers and taking them to the garbage near the mailboxes of our apartment complex. I was disgusted that I had to clean out the car just to be able to pick up a friend. I vowed that I was going to clean our car out that weekend. The problem was Joshs "safe place" for his background check was in the car in between the middle console and passenger seat.
As soon as he asked me where it was, I knew that in my haste I had thrown it away.
What is so important about this background check you ask? Josh has to have to the bar association in like a week so that he can take the bar. The whole process of getting the background check took around 3 months (maybe longer! I didn't actually do it!)
Now you know why I wanted to puke! Josh left for class and I called the FBI. They didn't help. They told me that they couldn't just send us a copy because they didn't keep a copy. He had to do the whole process again. The poor operater didn't know what to do when I burst into tears. I immediately ran down to the garbage I threw it away in. EMPTY. Darn it! Then Josh came home and I ran to the maintainence garge. He said garbage pickup came every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That means it was long gone!
On my way back from the maintainence garage I was panicked. I didn't know if he would be able to take the bar. I kept asking myself "what does God want me to learn from this?" I already know I need to be more organized. Thats why I was cleaning out the car to begin with.
When I got home Josh wrapped his arms around me and told me that he talked to the bar association and everything was ok. We didn't have to pay the late fee, and we could just do another background check and get it to them when it was done! WHEW! I was immediately relieved, but still grumpy!
It wasnt until I started to see the little things thoughout my day that it started to get brighter.
Little things like watching Rigdon splash in the puddles after standing by the door for 5 minutes crying to go out.
And watching him in the mud for the first time exploring. He is all boy. Balls and sticks and mud.
Little things like realizing my girls treat thier little brother like a puppy. Brielle took him for a walk today, leash included, and Hope played fetch with him.
But also seeing how much they love each other!
Little things like hearing this girl talk about her PIN-K-(emphasizing the K sound) shirt, and asking for a WI-P-E (emphasizing the p sound)
She is doing it. She always follows it up saying "that is how Mr. Shark taught me to say it"! Her speech teachers name is Mr. Sharp, but she perfers Shark.
Little things like seeing the bottom of my laundry baskets! YAY!
"Thank you that caterpillars can turn to butterflies. I wish I can hold a butterfly one day. Thank you that Brielle is not mad at me. Thank you that mom could go to her friends house and dad could do his homework. I wish for a baby girl one day. Thank you that we get to move to utah."
By the end of my day today I realized that while God probably wanted to teach me organization, he also wanted me to relish in the little things. Is the bar important! YES! But not as important as these sweet little people.
I decided that I am going to enjoy the little things and leave the big things to GOD.


6 comments:
I'm so glad that it all worked out Natalie. You totally made me cry...I can feel the worry that you were feeling! Josh was sweet to wrap you in his arms and to try and help you feel better. Your sweet little people are extra sweet!!!
So glad things worked out in the end for you guys! I know how those situations can ruin an entire day! So glad God guided you to your "simple things"- those little, simple things are what bring us the GREATEST joys!
Oh Nat- I just love you! I love what a great wife you are, and what an amazing mom you are! I love your poistive attiuted, and your ability to see the good things in life!
Thanks for this post! Love ya!
WOW...I am thankful for my sweet little NAT who has learned much quicker than her mom did. LOVE YOU TONS!!!!
That's pretty intensely horrible! I totally sounds like something I would do...because I'm TOO tidy!
Love those kiddos! They're such a blessing, helping us keep things in perspective - I swear my kids came to raise me!
Got a little teary reading that one.......I'm learning lots from you in Virginia and your blog :) Love ya!
Post a Comment