Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I AM NOT 5 YET!"

This morning while Brielle was eating breakfast I said to her

"Happy Birthday my big 5 year old!"

She replied "I am not 5 yet!"
Me:"You are 5! Today is the day, you are officially 5"

She ran back into the back. I assumed she was going to tell Josh that she was, in fact, finally 5. When I found her in her room I was surprised to see her standing on the top bunk.

"See mom!" She said very insistent "I am not 5! My head does NOT touch the ceiling and Haileys does and she is 5!"

Hailey is very tall for her age. I had to explain that 5 years come in all different heights, and you could be tall or short and still be 5.

Here are Brielle's Kindergarten check up stats:

41 pounds (50 %)
42 ins. tall (70%)

Today we took her to kangaroo Jac's to celebrate the day. It was a fun little surprise.
Happy Birthday my big 5 year old!

5 comments:

Noah said...

I love her and love that she said that!!

Noah said...

that was me...jill

Lacey Sue said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You share a b-day with my little boy!!!! ;)

1 of the Grandmas said...

Oh I am so sad right now. I was so busy with the program I had to do for Relief Society and I got called in to work, and I was getting the house clean and there is just really no excuse and I keep giving them...I didn't call my little Brielle on her birthday. Will you forgive me? A sad grandma with tears in her eyes!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny what they get stuck in their little heads! If that's the measurement, Abbie probably wasn't "5" until she was 10!
Happy birthday big girl!