We invited 7 girls
Brielle went to the store with me and picked out all the treats and junk food they were going to eat. It is all her favorite things!
The girls started coming and immediately started having pillow fights. I didn't even know they knew you were suppose to have pillow fights at sleepovers...it must be natural. They were all so excited they could hardly stand it. For a lot of them, it was their first sleepover.
And then (like a crazy person) I thought we could turn on a movie and they would magically all fall asleep. They just wanted to go play, so play they did.
About 10:30 we pulled them out of Brie's room and told them it was time to settle down and Brielle picked out another movie. By now, Destiny was asleep on the couch. She was the first one. We laid all the girls down in their sleeping bags.
Brielle came in and sat on Joshs' lap and said she needed a little break.
She was asleep in seconds.
Brielle came in and sat on Joshs' lap and said she needed a little break.
She was asleep in seconds.
Laying right on top of Brielles head. (this is zoomed in from the picture above) She had fallen off the couch. We were laughing so hard that not one of them woke up.
So, they are finally sleeping soundly right? We can go in and go to bed. I was so surprised to wake up to GIGGLING GIRLS at 4:00 AM! Yes 4:00! I quickly went out and told them to go back to sleep, I then laid on the couch so they would be quite. Brielle is the only one who slept through the 4:00 am giggle fest.
In the morning we had breakfast! Just cereal and yogurt, nothing fancy, but by that time I was exhausted. I had bought the straw cereal bowls though so they were excited.
Brielle thought the party was fantastic! She kept telling me "MOM your the best. Your the coolest. You are the best mom ever!" Every time I put a new decoration up she would exclaim "it is so beautiful..."
Needless to say I think it was a success.
Happy Birthday my BIG 5 year old!


8 comments:
You are the queen of cool mom's!!! That is the most amazing birthday party I've ever seen! How brave you are!!! Aspen looked at these with me, and I have a feeling, come August- there will be some changes to her "birthday plans"...oh dear.. :)
I'm just glad you stopped being interrupted for long enough to finish this! LOL
It all looked great! I'm glad it came out so beautiful for ya!
Your cake and decorations are amazing!! You definitely inspired me!! Eight 5 year olds at a slumber party puts you at the top of the list for mother of the year in my book!!! Happy Birthday Brie!! I can't wait to see you guys!
oh my word natalie! I absolutely love the birthday party for Brielle! It looked like the girls had alot of fun! Your very creative, I can't wait to plan parties for my kids!
Natalie you did such a cute job! I love the tent you made for them to sleep under! I wish I could be that creative!
How fun! Happy Happy Birthday Brielle. You are a super mom and I will never ever do this...... I know it would stress me past my limits. Outside parties are more my style (and I have 3 winter b-days :( Thanks for posting-so cute. can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK YEAH.
OKAY are you trying to win a prize? Well you certainly did in my eyes!!! and I'm sure in Brielle's too! Everything was absolutely darling. I loved the cake. But I loved everything..especially the birthday girl and her mom.
I can't believe you already have a 5 year old. It seems like it wasn't even too long ago that we were all giggling at sleepovers in your basement! Crazy how fast time flies. What a fun party for Brielle. You are such an amazing mom!
Post a Comment