When I was a little girl I always just wanted to be a mommy. I quickly learned that this was not an acceptable answer to many when they asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?"
I would reply "a mommy" and they would say "yeah, I know, everybody wants to be a mommy but what else...?"
I started replying "a nurse" just because that is what I thought I was supposed to say.
My sweet little Brielle has the same interest.
I always love when they interact with the TV and do and say what they want them too. Tonight was no different. While making dinner I heard the TV saying you could be anything you wanted. They then went on to list prestigious, adventurous jobs. Doctor, firefighter, a nurse, a lawyer, a vet...
I was delighted when they asked "What do you want to be"
Brielle SCREAMED "A MOMMY"
It is not the most glamorous job but it definitely has the best benefits!


5 comments:
I did this as a kid too...except my backup response was "an actor..." I didn't know until I was older that just being a "MOM" was okay with some people!! When I married Chad, he was one of those people that completely understood "I want to be a mom..." It's not glamerous, sometimes it darn hard...but it's totally worth it!! And you Nat, are a fabulous mommy!
so sweet!!! How long are you guys in Utah for??? We are coming out in August!
What a sweet little girl. Nothing is wrong with wanting to be a mommy. It is definitely lots of work, but good work for being such a good example so that is what she really wants.
Heay,
How are you guys? Sorry i've been off the map for a while, just busy with life. I love her b-day cake. How long are you guys going to be in Utah for? Hope looks so old and cute.
That's the sign of a good relationship that she wants to do what you do. You're an awesome mommy! Are you still going to be in Utah in August?
Post a Comment