Brielle and Sadie are in the same class this year. Mrs. Dykes. They are quite the pair...we will see how that goes.
Hope didn't know what to think. On the way to the bus stop she stopped and said "Mom wait, I don't have my barbie backpack" I think she thought that she was going. Then at the bus stop she kept saying "I go on the bus too". When Brielle got on the bus I said "say good bye to Brie" She said "we go get Brielle tomorrow?" I just laughed and told her we would get her later.
I think she was sad that she was leaving.
To celebrate/mourn the first day of school we all went out to lunch. This really helped Hope and I was really happy I had planned to do this. She was so happy all day and I think I really just needed to be with her. She also seemed so much older to me. I think when Brie is around she plays the "little sister" role, and today she got to be the "big sister".
And this is what greeted us. Look at that face! I think it says it all! She ran straight to me and gave me a HUGE hug.
Josh carried her home, and she thought that was special. It is pretty ironic that she starts her first year of school the same year as josh finishes his 19th and last year! She has no clue what she just started.
We made her a big heart shaped cookie with a 'k' for KINDERGARTEN! She was thrilled. She had a great day! Here are the highlights we received....
* They exercised at recess outside.
* They sat on the rug and had story time.
* They got animal crackers, but they won't always get animal crackers just today because it was the first day of school.
* She made a new friend named Abby
*She didn't have to pee all day, not at all.
* She didn't ask the bus driver if she could eat her snack on the bus because she didn't want to bug her.(probably a good thing!)
* She can't wait to go back tomorrow!
* They exercised at recess outside.
* They sat on the rug and had story time.
* They got animal crackers, but they won't always get animal crackers just today because it was the first day of school.
* She made a new friend named Abby
*She didn't have to pee all day, not at all.
* She didn't ask the bus driver if she could eat her snack on the bus because she didn't want to bug her.(probably a good thing!)
* She can't wait to go back tomorrow!


5 comments:
Well your busy busy days are really just beginning. What an adventure you all have ahead of you. I can't even remember your first day of school. Sad HuH? LOVE MOM
Holy Cow I wouldn't have asked the bus driver anything either....she could've pretended to be happy:) I don't know where you get your energy from...you're a great mom!
I love her face as she got off the bus! Seeing our kids get off was MY favorite part of the day! I'm glad we get to do it together.
Yeah for school!!
Wow, this made me emotional for some reason, but then again I can't even shop baby clothes sales in advance because I can't bare to buy anything that doesn't say "months" (2T, etc). (I have got to get over that, he isn't going to be a baby forever). Why do they grow up so fast? It's so fun seeing their progress and growth though and they are always so excited for the next big thing in life! I know I was, still am :). I also loved seeing your summer updates, it's fun to be able to follow your adventures again.
Lunch out together is a great idea! I'm going to tell all my young mom friends :)
Kindergarten is a magical year!
Post a Comment