* So far he is a pretty chill little guy. He handles his sisters screaming in his ears like a champ. He also didn't seem to mind when they were jumping on the bed with him in the middle. I think it freaked me out a lot more than him!
* My FIRST EVER binky LOVER! The girls never really wanted anything to do with them. He is just a sucker. If the bink is not around he will quickly find any of his fingers. Early tonight he was sucking on his two middle fingers, and I thought it was really cute. With that said, I would much rather he suck on a binky that I can throw away one day.
* Poor little guy has a gassy tummy! I burp him before I even feed him. He then unlatches a couple times, just to burp, and then gets back to business. He throws up A LOT! Pretty much after each feeding a couple times. It seems to be getting better now that my milk is in though.
* I know this could change, but he is a SLEEPER! He has been waking up every 4 hours (almost on the dot) to eat at night. During the day he goes even longer. Today he slept from 12:00 pm until 5:30 pm. I fed him, changed him, let him throw up a couple times and then he was back to sleep. Loving this easy, chill little baby.
* He has mommy wrapped already. Everybody warned me that my little boy would do this to me. I thought they were crazy because I LOVE my girls so much. I think this little guy just loves me so much that I have fallen head over heals. The nurses in the hospital would bring him to me telling me he was fussy. They would hand him to me and he would be asleep in seconds. He is also my first baby to LOVE nursing. What can I say......he just loves me and it makes me crazy for him.
* His tummy was not a big fan of formula. I have never been a great breast feeder. Even when I was breast feeding we always did bottles too. We gave him a bottle and he took it fine, he just immediately threw everything right up. And I mean everything. I pumped and he did a lot better with my breast milk. I don't know how this is going to pan out for me......like I said I have never been a great breast feeder.
* Does not at all have to be held every second of the day. In fact, it has surprised me how much he is NOT being held. I pretty much get my loving in while feeding him and then he is down while he sleeps (which is a lot!) He doesn't seem to mind one bit.
Our house is still crazy. It's pretty much a mess and I am lucky to get the girls dressed, let alone get their hair done. But I really don't care. I am trying to just relax and enjoy the little boy and this phase of our life.


7 comments:
When a baby loves you back they can do no wrong! I'm glad little Rigdon is a momma's boy - they are the best :)
Congrats Nat! He sounds like a real doll baby!! Taytum was a gassy baby too. We took her to the Dr and found out she had acid reflux and quickly grew out of it, so hopefully his gassiness won't last too long! He is adorable-couldn't be happpier for you guys!
For some reason this sweet post made tears come to my eyes. Probably because it reminded me how these precious spirits come with their own little personalities already in tact from our Heavenly Father's presence. Also, it made me sooo excited to hold my own baby boy in just a few months!
I have to tell ya, my little boy did the same thing to me. Aspen was so independent and didn't need me. When Braden was born, he just loved me, and it made my life a whole shade brighter ;)!
He sounds divine and wonderful! Hold him close and give him tons of kisses, boys grow so fast! Hope your doing well!
Yeah for sweet, chill little boys!!
Hey Natalie congrats! He is so cute! Nelson would always throw up a ton too when he was a baby. We put him on the formula with rice and that worked great for him. I think its called enfamil lipil A.R. Good luck!
Oh my goodness, what a precious little guy! He is so gorgeous!!! (You look so amazing too!) Boys are so awesome; you are just going to love every second!
He sounds a lot like Tyler when he was a baby ... hopefully he doesn't have reflux. If he's happy though, maybe he's just getting the hang of things. :) If he does start crying a lot ... they have an awesome medicine (anti-acid) that will make things SO much better. Ask your doctor about it if it gets to that point. :)
Congratulations to all of you!!! I cried looking at the photos and reading about the birth. It's SO miraculous! Keep the pics coming!
Post a Comment