Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our little man is here!

* We went in on Jan. 12th at 7:30 am dilated to a 4. They hooked me up to an IV and put all the monitors on and we waited and waited for the doctor to get there. We had a hard time keeping this little boys heart rate on the monitor. We kept losing it, and I got so nervous every time.

* Doctor came in at 11:00 am and was going to break my water. His head was not as far down as it was the day before so they decided to start me on the pitocin first.

* Waited and waited for his head to drop lower. The contractions were hard, but I wanted to wait for the epidural so that it wouldn't slow me down. Finally at 6:00 pm I gave in and got the epidural. I felt the HUGE needle even after they gave me the numbing shot, so then they had to give me another numbing shot. I have never seen it but from the feel that needle is HUGE!

* I had a spot(again) that wouldn't numb. When there is only a spot, it almost hurts worst. I felt like a knife was just twisting straight through my stomach to my back. It took about an hour longer to get me completely numb, by 7:00 pm I was pain free! Oh thank the Heavens for those blessed epidurals.

*After I got the epidural the doctor came back to check me. I was dilated to a 6 and she broke my water. That was all I needed. I went from a 6 to a 10 in an hour and a half.

* At 9:00 pm the doctor came in and I started pushing and by 9:12 pm we had a beautiful little boy!
Welcome Rigdon Ash
He cried and cried and cried. My girls didn't cry at all or very little. That was not the case with him. He was upset.
Weighing in at 7 pounds 11 ounces. 19 3/4 in. long.
Our Doctor, Dr. Kwan. She was fantastic. She hung around after just kind of talking with us.


They handed him to Josh after weighing him and he was a baby hog. He just took him and walked around with him. I finally asked him if he would at least come sit by me so I could see him too.
This is day 2, almost 24 hours old. I loved spending one on one time with him in the hospital. I knew that it wasn't going to be that way when I got home. I knew the girls were having fun with Josh too, so it wasn't too sad for me.
He is nursing great, and sleeping great. Unlike my girls he also LOVES the bink.
Getting ready to go home!



The girls LOVE him! They immediately wanted to put him in his crib, in his bouncer seat, and they made a bed out of a pillow for him as well. I am going to have lots of help. He hasn't even jumped at the sound of their loud voices. I am sure he is used to them by how relaxed he is around them.

When Brielle saw me she asked me if I had another baby in my tummy. I think she was a little confused that my belly was still there. I just explained it took a little while. Nothing like a 4 year old putting on the pressure.

We are so excited to have Rigdon here with us. He is so sweet. We are loving having him in our family.

16 comments:

1 of the grandmas said...

OH what a doll...or I guess I should say a handsome little guy!!! Darling coming home outfit. Can't wait to hold you Rigdon. Love MOM

JeaniePalmer said...

He is so cute! You guys do a good job! I can hardly wait for Kami's little one and then it will be time for Kari's!!
Miss you!

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Rigdon is gorgeous. Congrats Natalie & Josh!

The Tyler's said...

You already know how much I love him. It's really bad because he is really making me want a baby now!
Amazing pics. The outfit could not be more perfect.

Krista said...

What a darling baby boy!! Now can you see why I like them so much?! The picture you got of him on the scale is priceless!!

The birth story made me feel a little faint. It's been over 14 years for this old mom and those few paragraphs brought it all........ hold on, I think I'm fainting again!

You look beautiful by the way! And his name... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!
Love ya!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

He is so cute! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Nat,
Congrats! He is handsome and so boy...hope we know what to do with a little change:) You got awesome pictures:) Try to get some rest and give him a kiss from me!!
Love ya, Kari

Aubrey Jane said...

He is so perfect! Yikes about the lack of numbing, kind of makes me nervous, but I'm glad that they finally got it figured out for you. I bet you are just so happy to finally have him in your arms. Congratulations to your beautiful family!

Em said...

Congrats!!!! He is a much better addition to the family than those little hamsters! He is a beautiful baby!

Lacey Sue said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! He is beyond precious!!!! What an adorable little man! Your girls look wonderful holding him and loving him!! I am so happy for you guys!!! Congrats and take care of yourself!

Angela said...

He is so dang cute! I cannot wait to get there and just hold him!!! So glad I didn't change my tickets!! CONGRATULATIONS! Love you guys!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your new little one! How exciting.

Amanda said...

Congratulations Fawson Fam! I am so happy for you. I hope you get lots of sleep and lots of snuggles from your little one. I love all the pics, blogs are great. He is absolutely adorable. Love you guys.

Jodi said...

Congrats on your beautiful, handsome, cute, adorable (and every other adjective that applies to little Rigdon) baby boy! What a cutie! You really captured him with those pictures. Rich and I were getting emotional just looking at them. He is perfect! We are so happy for you and your beautiful family! Natalie, you are a trooper! Happy recovery!

Emily said...

I finally was able to catch up on everything! I am so glad everything went well. He is so handsome! So glad your little guy is finally here! Love you!

Kerissa ~ said...

He is beautiful!! Congratulations to you guys! 3 is amazing!