Monday, January 4, 2010

Our newest addition!

Or should I say ADDITIONS???? So sorry to disappoint but I am not talking about our little one (unfortunately)!
**********Heads up to the mother and the sistas (who hate creatures as much as I do) this could make you a little squeamish and I still haven't stopped shuddering.***************




My worst nightmare has multiplied by 7!








Josh thought something was up before he left to Kansas City. On Christmas Eve he tried to get Roxy out and touched one of the babies which sent Roxy into a frenzy! She immediately carried the babies down a huge tube to another portion of the cage. Josh saw her take 3 or 4. I was mortified.
He cleaned out the cage tonight and there is officially SEVEN! Shoot me now!


Josh is so excited that the girls get to experience this "miracle of life"! What about my "miracle of life"? I swear he thinks this was so much cooler and she was only pregnant for 18 days! He just gets grossed out with everything to do with my "miracle of life"! GO FIGURE!

Anyways- to sum it up we found out that we have a boy and girl, instead of 2 boys! (I know your thinking "why did you name a boy ROXY?") Right? We originally thought she was a girl, and possibly pregnant. Then when no babies came Josh checked again and was sure she was a he! We thought we had 2 boys because we hadn't had babies yet. SURPRISE!

AND
We now have 9 hamsters instead of 2! Don't worry WE ARE NOT KEEPING THEM! We already have a couple people lined up to take some. If anyone wants a hamster.......IT IS YOURS!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I laughed so much when I read this post. Thanks! At first, when I only saw the title, I thought "wow, Natalie had her baby a little early!" I was excited to see the pictures and when they finally loaded they turned out to be 7 tiny hamsters that gross you out! haha! Sorry I'm still laughing I guess I should be sending sympathy. I especially loved the part about Josh being so excited that the girls get to experience the miracle of life when they'll get to experience it in 2 weeks with their brother anyway! That's pretty cool that you let them keep the hamsters in the first place. I don't know if I'd have the guts. Tell them congratulations on the new addition(s). :) I just love reading your blog. It's really entertaining and I am glad to see that you are doing well. You look so beautiful, too!

The Tyler's said...

I am so sorry. You are a way nicer Mom and Wife than me. I couldn't do it. At least you have a fabulous friend to take them off your hands.
Love all the shower pics! It really was so fun.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You are such a fabulous mom just to HAVE hamsters in the house let alone have one of them have babies!!!

We had so much fun at dinner with yall!!! So wonderful to catch up! "Big Mama" will always remind me of you! :)

Trinity said...

I'm so sorry! That does look like a nightmare and one I hope I never have to experience. I feel for you!