She fell in love instantly. She couldn't believe it was for her.
Her aunt Angie had recently come for a visit and bought her the purple tiger. She had no clue that purple was her favorite color and she loved tigers. She had me take this picture with her "new favorite things."
And then it was party time! It was the dreaded 5th birthday sleepover party. We did this for Brielle because it was all she wanted. Afterwards I said "I will never do that again!" Josh said "yes you will in 18 mos. for Hope" and here we are, 18 months later! Hope has been talking about her sleepover party for 18 months now.
She didn't make it easy on me. She chose tigers for the theme. We added purple because its the favorite color, and she wanted lots of balloons. WOW! What a theme.
Treats and cake!
Center of the "tent".
Josh drew this cute girl and we had nightgown for each of the girls to decorate. Then we played pinned the nightgown on the girl. The girls loved it.
And then the little cuties started to arrive. Hope was so hyper-excited. She was bouncing off the walls. I think Brielle was just as excited, as if it were her party.
5! Really...ugh!
Blowing out the candles. Notice we had a little help from Reese. Too funny!
She wanted a tiger cake, so I had planned to make a 3D type tiger head. Well, it was a good thing I ran it passed her because she was very opinionated about what she wanted from her cake. She wanted it just like Brielle's 5th birthday cake. So then I planned to do orange and black stripes so that you could tell it was a tiger. She said no I want it like my stuffed tiger (pictured above). Ok! Purple and white striped cake it is! I love that she is starting to be more vocal about her opinion.
All the girls except Taytum (not sure where she was...sorry Hill). Total we had 9 girls ages 3-6. Yup...Were crazy!
For the most part it was a good crazy and uneventful night. Hope had a blast and that is all that counts.


2 comments:
Wow!! Happy birthday Hope!!!! So glad she had fun.
Happy Birthday HOPE! Has it really been a year?? crazy!!!
Post a Comment