Monday, November 7, 2011

Hope at 5


Hope even at 5 is still impossible to get a good photo of.  I thought she would grow out of it, but I think it is just her personality...she doesn't really like to have her picture taken.  When she is looking at the camera she isn't smiling.  When she is smiling she isn't looking.  Add the sun, and she is immediately squinting.  Plus, with balloons and wind and the fear of loosing the balloons...well it just was not a great set up.  So, when I look at these pictures I giggle inside.  They aren't exactly what I had envisioned, but they are so Hope.  Perfectly imperfect!  I love her.  And I will always cherish these photos smirks, and crazy faces and all. 



Hope LOVES the color PURPLE!  And loves tigers. Her favorite movie is Alvin and the chipmunks, and she is often caught playing chipmunks. 


Hope has lost 2 teeth.  She loves going to preschool.  This girl HATES cleaning anything up.."It's so boring!" But she is the best at making HUGE messes.


 She loves grandpas mashed potatoes, spaghetti, taco soup, and bean burritos.  She can eat salsa and jalapenos and not complain but if she uses adult toothpaste it is too spicy. 


Yup!  She still pees her pants (sometimes everyday!).  I have to include this so when her child is peeing his/her pants at 5 she will believe me when I tell her she did too.  I have given up on the issue and just figure eventually something will click.

She has gotten so much more vocal in the last year.  Sometimes it is hard to get her to stop talking.  She still obsesses over her hair, and thinks that people like/don't like her based on if they like/don't like her hair.  I have no clue where this notion originated.  She is absolutely beautiful inside and out.  She loves to play with her friends, cousin, and sister, but not so much her brother. 

Hopes eyes sparkle and light up when she is excited about something.  She begs to sleep on the top bunk every night with Brielle. 

We are so thankful to have this beautiful sweet girl in our family...she truly is our Hope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope,
You're in the line up with the Ferrin boys this week! Thomas and Stephen both have birthdays this week...AND Stephen's wife! It's the best!

I have news for you - you're hair is adorable, you are adorable, and I turned out pretty well even though I ruined every family photo taken...

(and I don't pee my pants anymore :))
The Ferrins love you, Hope!
Happy Birthday!

Hillary Mondragon said...

We love that little doll so much! BTW I am stealing the balloon pic idea!

Lacey Sue said...

She is darling!!! I can't believe she is getting so big and grown up!!! What a beautiful gal!

Anonymous said...

such cute pictures! If Sophie is still having bathroom issues @ 5....she may have to move to your house;-)

Melissa and Chris said...

She is so beautiful!! Loved all the pictures!!

Angela said...

I think her pictures are adorable!!!! We love you Hopey girl!

The Tyler's said...

She looks so pretty in these pictures...she really is drop dead!
She has grown up so much since you guys moved...sad for us.
Looks like a super fun Birthday party...love the theme...it's so Hope!