Is it true? How can it be?

Wasn't this just yesterday?

How did he get so big so fast?
Regardless of the time travel that occurred somehow, we had to have a celebration.

With a monkey cake for our little man who has turned into a monkey suddenly.


This is a lot of cake for a 1 year old who has never had any cake. Don't worry! He ate it all! Plus some ice cream, and the rest of my cake. He did not disappoint!

Justice tried to help him but since her birthday is not until February her mom wouldn't let her. Don't worry Justice I'm sure Rigdon will be happy to show you the tricks in a few weeks.

Tricks like this! Didn't you know this the best way to eat Ice cream? You don't get your hands cold!


AND Don't worry about the mess, mom will come and get that later!


Remember how I said he has turned into a monkey?...

Showing off his new moves. He started taking steps the week of his birthday and on his birthday he just walked across the room. No big deal. Our life just got a whole lot crazier!

He climbs on everything! He follows Josh around everywhere. To say he LOVES him is an understatement! He has to be with him every second! He cries when we drop him off at the gym daycare, we have never experienced this before. He cries every time he walks out the door.
When Josh is sitting on the floor he will just sit by him. He doesn't leave his legs. It is so cute and annoying at the same time! Annoying to me because I thought he was going to be a mamas boy...and annoying to Josh because...well you know!

We have a tradition to let our kids pick out their own 1st birthday present. Every time I think, there is no way they will be able to do this, but then they always do. We set out like 6 things in the aisle and he carefully started at one end and touched and looked at each thing. When he got to the Woody doll, which was at the end, he turned around and got a huge grin. He then got so excited at started hitting it and laid down on it and hugged it. It was so cute. We loved watching the process of choosing.
Happy Birthday to our little man! Our little Monkey! Our little crazy boy! Our little lover! Our King Kong ( the recent name the girls have given him when he wrecks their princess castle)! Our bubs, pal and special boy! We love you!
6 comments:
Your cake is adorable as always!! What a cute little one year old!! He reminds me of Shane when he was a little boy!! Give him a birthday kiss for us!!
Happy Birthday Rigdon! Way to get into that cake.
Happy Birthday Rigdon. Yeah, this is the only birthday you have to celebrate without us. Is that red hair or is it just the camera??? Cute cake, cute kid, can't wait to hug him. LOVE MOM
I don't know how it goes so fast but I hate it!
Love him so much!! I love that I get to see him walking with his hands up in the air. Cutest ever!
Happy Birthday little Riggs. We thought about him on his birthday and meant to write a little something, but time got away from us. Nat- I know I need to call you but I am phoneless as Tate dropped my phone in the crapper- literally! Anyways... we love you guys and cant wait to give him his birthday spankins!
It really does seem like you just had him. He is such a cutie! Aaron loves his Woody doll too. I love the idea of letting them pick out their own present! I may steal that. We are living in Provo and I would love to see you guys when you are here over the summer. My parents actually moved back to Stansbury Park last Fall so we are out there a lot!
Post a Comment