Since Hope could talk we have been trying to get her to pray. She has never wanted to say the prayers. We would try to help her and she would not want anything to do with it. Well, this summer is has seemed she has found her voice. She is talking like crazy, Talking back at me (which she hasn't done before), and even telling the whole family off at a time. It may seem to you that I am excited about this poor behavior, and to be honest I am a little. She has been so quiet for so long it is nice to see her voice her opinions. So we were all a little shocked when one night she INSISTED on saying bedtime prayers. It went a little something like this:
ME: ok Hope you can say the prayers. I will help you "Heavenly Father.."
Hope: "NO! I dude (d0) it!"
Me: "Oh, OK you can do it!"
Hope: "Heavenly Father thank you for this day. Thank you for Brielle, and Mommy and Daddy and baby Rigdon. Thank you for Grandma and Grandpa Thank you for my best friend Isabellas polka dot flip flops....
We all started laughing. This did not go over well.
Hope: {yelling} BE QUIET GUYS!!!! I saying the prayer!
she had to start over!
Hope: "Heavenly Father.....
At one point Brielle interrupted to help her out and she had to start over.
"Heavenly Father......
After having to start over multiple times and the prayers being rather lengthy Brielle really annoyed said "AMEN! Say AMEN!" right in the middle of her prayer.
Josh and I were frustrated because we knew she would have to start over. And start over she did.
I can't remember how many times she started over but it took us a long time to get through prayers that night. We were all so happy though that she was saying prayers finally.


4 comments:
My children's prayers are one of the very sweetest things in my life.
One week Zach's primary teacher came up to me teary eyed and said Zach had said the prayer that day. I'm still wondering what that kid said that was so sweet to make her cry!
So glad Hope has found her voice!
Yea, Hope!
And, really, who isn't grateful for polka dot flip flops :)
You go girl!
That is so cute, I love the stories you share about your cute kids and I'm sure you will treasure that you recorded them to look back on later. Hope looks so much like you in this picture.
That is so cute, I love the stories you share about your cute kids and I'm sure you will treasure that you recorded them to look back on later. Hope looks so much like you in this picture.
Post a Comment