I decided that since the month was almost over, I had better get pictures of our cute birthday boy up. We wouldn't want our January birthday to over lap into February now would we.
On his actual birthday we celebrated here with an ice cream cake, a couple cousins, and presents. He totally knew it was all for him and was so happy. He didn't understand how to blow out the candles so we all blew them out for him, and then afterwards he blew. He seemed a little afraid of the fire.
He loves any type of vehicle and calls them all cars.
He was a little overwhelmed with all the kids trying to do everything for him, but he just jumped from one present to the next.
On Sunday I made him a cake and we went over to my Moms and celebrated our sweet boy some more. He loved the cake, but he didn't even eat it.
My favorite part was the stripes inside to look like the black and yellow road signs.
It was fun to learn this new cake technique.
Rigdon at 2:
*Is very clingy. He wants one of us to hold him almost all day.
*He loves to play with his sisters. When they are home his clingy-ness lessens.
*Rigdon still doesn't talk a lot but he does say a few words:
ball, car, cold, hot, daddy, some form of sorry( he says it the same every time but I don't think anybody would know it was sorry) ba ba, poo-poo (points to his diaper and tells us), ow, UH- OH (I hear this a lot), NO!
*Rigdon loves to go bye bye. Any time he sees somebody getting their coat he runs and gets his shoes (he can find matching pairs and everything) and coat. Also if he hear me say "lets go". He loves to ride with me to drop Brielle off at school. He waves bye, and blows her kisses over and over.
* He LOVES shoes. He is always stealing his cousin, Tates, shoes. He also loves to put on mine and the girls. His favorite seem to be boots that come up clear past his knee, or the church shoes that make tapping noises.
*He is very particular with things. Almost OCD. He cries if his shoe isn't buckled right and we have to stop everything until its fixed. He likes doors shut. He spilled a little bit of milk the other day and ran and got a towel out of the drawer to clean it up. He did the same thing when he spilled water on himself. Josh had to wipe it off him a couple of times until he was satisfied he got it all.
*Recently he hasn't been sleeping well. For awhile he would just cry and cry when we put him to bed. I started trying different things and left the door open one night. It was amazing the difference. He has really hardly come out of his and for a couple weeks it was great. Then he started waking up in the middle of the night and he would wander the halls and come knock on our door. He has been sleeping worse than when he was a baby. He slept through the night from 2 months on, and now we are getting paid back.
*Rigdon has a lot of passion and rage. When he doesn't get what he wants he throws the biggest fit and hits and pulls hair and looks for anything he can to throw. Most of the time he is really quick to say sorry, but his still spends a lot of time in time out. He is a time out champ.
At walmart the other day. He refused to sit in the cart. Refused to let me hold him. Refused to walk. He just laid there in the middle of the floor saying "No!" This was on day 3 of refusing to take a nap so I think the poor boy was exhausted. Since then I am happy to report naps are back in session. But on this day I just let him pout in the middle of walmart floor.
Im doing Rigdons room right now (more pics to come) and when he saw his new bedding he fell in love. I wasn't sure I was in love but he sealed the deal. He was hugging it and laying on it. I never knew a 2 year old boy would be so excited!
Happy Birthday my big 2 year old!








4 comments:
Oh Nat...I am so sad reading this. Riggs looks so big and I feel like I hardly know him anymore!
The cake looks darling..great job!
I love love your new family picture at the top!
Miss you guys.
Somehow I missed seeing this handsome guy at the Blaylock party - poor Tate, I called him Rigdon more than once!
I must say, the temper tantrum on the floor in the store looks all too familiar...I knew I couldn't diffuse it so I just let it go :)
Perhaps a little insight into his sleeping? Abbie did not sleep well and still has a hard time waking up 'quickly' she really takes a long time to rouse (five minutes?) We were discussing it one day and she told me that she remembers waking up in a panic when she was young because she knew she'd been asleep, and obviously missed things that happened while she was asleep and it totally disoriented her - thus the crying, etc. so she didn't want to go to sleep. If only I'd known then! I think as her awareness increased her anxiety rose...at least I know now! Anyway, just a thought :)
Happy birthday big boy!
Happy birthday Riggs!
http://www.federi.info/alasan-pinjaman-online-terbaik-harus-berbasis-syariah.html
金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天
Post a Comment