Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wrapping up the SUMMER!

 We loaded up all these cuties and headed down to ST. GEORGE for a GiRLs wEeKEnd! 
 First thing on the list was The Little Mermaid play at Tuacahn.  The girls all had so much fun being together. 
 The play was beyond AMAZING!  They had fantastic special effects.  They covered the whole stage at one time to look like the top of the ocean, and had a wall of water at others to look like under the sea.  They did a fantastic job.  The girls were glued the entire time. 

 Every scene Hope would ask "Mom is it over?" I finally asked her  if she wanted it to be over.  She replied "No!  I want it to last forever!"
 When my niece Brynlee saw Ursala she said "she looks like an octopus!"  Hope, who was sitting behind her, said very loudly "Brynlee she IS an octupus!"  Brynlee then explained that she was NOT, but that she was a witch and they continued to go back and forth.  They both just knew they were right!
 Thanks Mom for making this trip happen!
 Unfortunately BOTH of my girls fell asleep and missed the big wedding at the end (complete with fireworks!) I kept trying to wake them up but they wouldn't budge.

 When Hope finally did wake up and realized it was over, she started crying saying "it was too long!"  I think she was mad that it was so long she couldn't stay awake.
 You can't really tell but Hope is sitting watching Prince Erik and Ariel.  There was a HUGE line to wait in to get pictures taken, but she loved just sitting there watching them.
 On the way home from St. George we met all the men in Delta for our little yearly family vacation.  The Bakkers and Cody and Alexa are so great to share with us! Unfortunately, Josh ended up having to work so me and my girls just continued our girls trip.

We had a blast as  usual Hope stuck pretty close to shore, and was pretty afraid.  She did go on the wave runner with me but got really scared when we hit a bump.  

 The girls LOVE the "hot pool"  even when its 90 degrees outside!  CRAZY!
 We kicked up our feet and relaxed in the hammock.  It really was quite a relaxing weekend for me without my CUTE WILD MAN.  My sisters kept asking me if I missed him and eventually I did.  I really missed him...he just wears me out...so it was a nice break. 
 AND Brielle did something that blew me right away.  All the kids were water skiing on this ski thing for the kids.  I was just watching and KNEW there was NO WAY Brie would ever do it.  All of the sudden they come by and guess who it is?  The girl who used to be terrified of Lakes because it wasn't safe water (ever since a bad tubing incident).  The girl who I used to have to bribe to just get on the boat!  She did it and LOVED it.  She went on the wave runner with me and her favorite part was the bumps.  She went on the tube with her cousins and I was so nervous (because I didn't want to have to start all over again) and she was all smiles! 
What an amazing girl!  I'm so proud of her for conquering her fears.

We had a great family week, but we were happy to get home to Rigs and DADDY!

No comments: