Eventually she was up and going and excited. She hardly touched her pancake because she was "too nervous".
We got all ready and waited around a bit then loaded up to go. Imagine my surprise when we were late! I realized when we got home that the clock I had been looking at all morning was 20 minutes slow. I was so worried for Brielle but she handled it great.
And yup! We did it! We took the WHOLE family to drop her off. Hey, it's not going to be long before she doesn't even want me there! I think she liked making a family affair of it.
This lady however, was very UPSET! You see she doesn't start for a whole week and she just didn't think that was fair.
She cheered up though when we went to lunch with come cousins.
When we picked Brielle up she was so excited. Here are some quotes from the day:
"Mom, you were wrong! We did eat lunch!" (I didn't know if they were going to because it was only half day) " and it was so fun!"
Me: " What did you eat at lunch Brielle?" " Milk and corn" Oh boy!
"I made a new friend named Rebekah and we are best friends, only I didn't make friends with her until lunch so I played by myself at the first recess!" Sad! Glad she made a friend!
"Me and my new friend have lots in common, like our birthdays are really close...hers is coming up in Sept. and that is by my half birthday in nov." I guess that counts!??!
"Mom school today was AWESOME! I can't wait for tomorrow!" Wow we ended the day much better than we started!
A picture of her with the traditional cookie. I think she is starting to realize that she will get them every year. She said to me "Mom, next year can you make sure you put grade on it...you know like 2nd grade?" WOW! Lets not even think about 2nd grade right now ok Brielle?
Oh and I almost forgot...a picture of her cheetah nails. She picked out cheetah because "won't it look A-MAZ-ING with my cheetah skirt mom?"


5 comments:
Today was Destiny's first day. Can't believe they are 1st graders! Miss those kiddos!
Im glad she had a good first day...now you need to send Hope over to pass the time til pre-school starts!
She looks fabulous on her first day! Please give her a giant hug from Sadie and I!!!
Nat,
I'm so glad you made it to "the ROCK." Brielle looked so darling, I loved the fingernails.
I love it! (It's just like me to diligently watch a clock and have the wrong time!) This is going to be a fun year! And Yes, Brielle, your nails DO look fabulous with your cheetah skirt!
XOXOXO
Post a Comment