When I was a little girl my mom made me the most amazing heart-shaped, chicken coop valentines box. It was complete with real chicken wire, and a little chick the would squeak when we lifted it up and down. It was the most FANTASTIC thing to me as a young girl. I couldn't wait to take it to school to show all my friends. When a note came home saying that Brielle needed a Valentines day box I panicked. I had a lot of pressure on me. How was I supposed to compete with the chicken coop?
Now, I am pretty sure that was one of those projects that the kid was
supposed to do, but never
really does. AND I know Brielle was
supposed to make hers. I remember watching my mom make it. I didn't care that she did it. All I cared about was that it was pretty.
I guess I am lucky in a sense that Brielle is like me in this aspect, because I am one of those Moms. You know the ones. The ones all my Teacher friends are probably shaking their heads at saying "yup I know!" I was really going to let her do it. But then I got rolling and it was just so hard. And like me all Brielle cared about was that it was pretty. She was so excited, and kept saying thank you mom I love it. It is no chicken coop, but it did the job.

We decided to do purses. Unlike Brielle, Hope was not content to watch me do it. She wanted to do everything. She wanted to do the glitter and color the heart. My first thought was NO! But then I thought 'why not?
she doesn't have to take it to school!' Awful! I know! Regardless they both loved them the same.

Thanks Mom, for the amazing chicken coop valentines day box memories! (and thanks for giving me something to live up too!)
6 comments:
I've made alot of Valentine boxes in my day but NEVER have I made a purse! Those are ADORABLE Natalie and I'm not at all surprised coming from you. What LUCKY girls you have!
Hope it was a happy V-day!
Soooooooo cute! Good job you. Look at Brielle's face, she is so happy with it.
so cute. I am glad you guys will be here next Valentines Day so you can help me make one for Ava because yes, I am one of those moms too! Love ya.
Testing, Testing, Testing!!!
Okay, after 4 times..I'll comment again. I was pretty proud of that Valentine box too. Remember what it said? "I'm all 'Cooped Up' over you". Wonder if we have a picture of it. That is why I love the mom's blog. You have motivated me to start my personal journal...blog style. The purses are darling, and Brielle was so proud as were both the mom's that did their best for their daughters. Love you and am so proud of all your accomplishments.
They had the cutest boxes on the block! How fun for them.
I think Sadie is more like Hope...and HAS to do everything BY HERSELF!! I fought her all morning to do something like that but finally gave up and let her do her thang!
Post a Comment