
Apparently Brielle's teacher doesn't appreciate her "fancy" (as Brielle calls it) letters! This came home in her bag and gave us a good laugh. I for one, LOVE her "fancy" letters, as she learned them from me!

(notice the dots on her name. That is obviously not acceptable in kindergarten!)


9 comments:
Your kidding?!?! The teacher honestly sent that home?!?! Good grief!! Nothing like squashing individuality at a young age! What's it hurting to have her do fancy letters?!! I for one..LOVE them!!
Shut it! That is hilarius!!
Are you kidding me? Why on earth should that be problem? Sorry, but I do not agree with the teacher on this one. No offense to her.
WOW!! I'm impressed with that kindergarden writing. Too bad they can't use their individuality in K.
LOVE MOM
This is such a funny story! I taught kindergarten and so I've seen a lot of Kindergarten handwriting. I would be so proud of this handwriting. It is so nice! Especially for the beginning of the year. During the first few months of school, most kindergarteners can only write their name in all capital letters if they can write it at all. Brielle uses a capital and lower case letters and even stays on the line. She also colored her turkey very neatly and used lots of different colors. This is way ahead! Trust me. I agree that the teacher shouldn't discount her individuality. Her note home crack me up. "Please talk to Brielle about this..." um, ok teacher, what do you want me to tell her? The first thing that comes to my mind is that it is very nice and she shows pride in her work and her name. I think you should write the teacher a note saying, "Thanks for noticing Brielle's fancy handwriting. She's worked hard to get her handwriting so nice. I talked to her about it like you said. Thank you, I think you're right, the more praise for her the better! Sincerely, Natalie" (make sure you sign your name just like Brielle does, with the dots and everything!) LOL
Oh geez! Now I really wish I was Brielle's kindergarten teacher! Everytime I would do an example page for my class I would be so careful writing my name... Of course with a heart to dot my eye and most times some "fancy" way with dots or lines or bubble letters :) - and then the parents would write me notes and say "So and so takes 20 minutes writing their name on their homework at night now so they can write it like you do". Lol! Woops. Brielle's teacher wouldve hated me! :) Duh- if they know what the letter is supposed to look like enough to write it, and then make it look pretty- more power to them! Good job Brielle! :)
Oh... And I meant "I" not eye. Jason's phone does a great job of fixing my spelling :)
GREAT MINDS think alike! Don't tell me Rigdon is being a spider....Isaac is! The costume hasn't arrived yet....and he was home taking a nap!
I got a U one year and cried all the way home from school. The teacher told my Mom it was because I colored the ice cream on the math worksheet. I was finished with the math problems and went beyond what it called for. It crushed me. It's sad teachers don't see beyond!!!! Honestly I'm really impressed at her writing! You should scrapbook it! My mom did. I still have the bubblegum page I got a U for. Hillary L
Post a Comment