This is my Grandma Carrie. She passed away on August 5th. I was so glad that we were still in Utah so we could be there to honor this amazing lady. She TRULY left behind a LEGACY! She had nine kids, which I think says it all! The thing she was most remembered for was never saying anything mean about anybody. WOW, what an amazing quality.I remember her talking about the squirrels outside her house. Always twiddling her thumbs and lazily kicking her foot, adding a sniffle in there every once in awhile. Always wanting a treat, she passed her sweet tooth down to many of us. Feeding me a WHOLE chicken one time at dinner when I was in college. And saying "shoo fly shoo" about a hundred times in an hour.
This is most of the first cousins (I think we are missing 3) with no spouses included. We are quite the group! It was so amazing to see everyone again. I truly love my cousins and love what a close group we are, and have been throughout our lives.
My grandma loved to hold and rock the babies. She just loved them. With so many grand kids there were always enough to go around. Who ever had the newest baby was always a favorite.
My grandma wanted to be buried in Toquerville, which is in Southern Utah about 4 hours from where we live. The five of us loaded up with my parents and made the drive down to the burial. Our amazing spouses stayed home with the kids and held down the fort. I am so thankful for this little trip. It was such a bonding time.
Girls in one car boys in the other!


4 comments:
I am BAWLING--great post! I do want a copy, please:)
This wasn't even a super sappy post and I am crying! I think it's a combo of your grandmas death and the fact that I REALLY miss you!
Nat, what a great tribute to my mom. Thanks so much...it was so sweet. I loved the pictures. She really did leave a great posterity didn't she. And oh my goodness...what dolls we all had...everyone of you girls in the big cousin picture are beautiful!!! I'M SO PROUD!!! love mom
Natalie, I would love copies of your pictures! Email maybe? KJHutchins@aol.com
So you glad you made it home safely!
Post a Comment