Friday, August 14, 2009

The Program that CONSUMED our summer.....

Neal and Josh as lamanites, Davy as Joseph Smith and Micheal as a strippling warrior!

There are 2 main reasons that I haven't blogged in well over a month:
1. We had a really bad wireless connection in Utah, and all my pics were on the laptop. A post just isn't the same without the pics!
2. This program!
Josh's Mom did this program to celebrate the 24th and the pioneers back when I was a kid and his sisters took it over this year. I ended up helping teach some the dances and being in some as well. It was fun, but it was alot of work. It seemed we had practices every night.

I was so happy my sister and her hubby danced in the couple dance with Josh and I. It was fun to have them at all the practices with us!
all the kiddos dressed up as little pioneer children! They all danced as well!


Neal and Josh were great in the fight scene. Their legs stole the show!



The girls were both crickets and i was a seagull. They did a great job both nights. I didn't think Hope was going to do it because she never would at any of the practices, but both nights she went out and did her thing......
They twirled and spun and hopped around and tried to be annoying pesky crickets but they were just to cute to be annoying.
Both nights right after Hope went on she found Josh on one night and my dad on the other and just laid on their shoulder and went to sleep. Being the star of the show is HARD WORK!
Joshs' mom Barbara, Sister Julie, and Sister Jodie!

The brains behind the operation, which I cannot even describe how big of a project it really is. Great job ladies! it came together wonderfully! And I think we are glad that it is over!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Where would we be without those talented Fawson's? ... and now I'm related to one! The program was wonderful. I'll admit I shed a tear or two... or more.

Love you Natalie. Glad you got home safe but bummed about not getting pictures! Next time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your hard work. I had never seen the pageant when I was younger. It was AWESOME!! I went with Shaun, Emily, Lincoln and Randy. I couldn't believe how many people were involved -- what a major production you all put on. I loved it!! Maybe Maggie and Sophie can be crickets next year...
Glad you made it back to VA--I hope you're feeling better:)
Have a good weekend,
Kari

Emily said...

We saw the program and we loved it. I was really impressed with the dancing and I knew that you helped with that a lot so we were watching for you. You did a great job! Your family is really cute and I am glad you had fun together. The seagull dance was amazing. I was once a cricket you know... and then a seagull. ;) I am glad your sister in laws did the program again. It brought back good memories and taught a great message. Hopefully they can do it again next year. It is such a good thing for our town. I was kind of jealous that we couldn't be in town for the practices. We would have loved to dance in the program. Also, we are sad that you are gone again, too. We liked seeing you around!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing bunch of people y'all are! Thank you for the photos, the documentation, it's almost as good as being there :)

Nelson Newz said...

we had a good laugh at the pic josh and the fighting scene. why could i NEVER, in a million years, get jer to do anyting that had to do with dancing?