
My niece Marissa brought home a huge bag of tadpoles from a birthday and Brielle just had to have one. I said "ok" just thinking that they would die in a week and we would all be sad and go on. Not knowing anything about tadpoles and what they ate, or where they lived I turned to my old friend, trusty google! We got them all set up and watched them grow. It was an amazing transformation.

The pics are pretty bad, but if you look really closly you can see the tale on this one still it also has back legs and was just about to sprout it's front legs. By the end of watching them change to frog they had us all captivated. Even the adults. We would just sit and stare at them.

We had one frog change before the other one. While we were in the process of waiting for the other one to change we just had netting over the bowl. The one that was a frog would get out almost every night and it was teeny tiny. It almost got stepped on multiple times, and I found it in the sink soaking in a pan of dirty water one morning. It was always the first thing we checked in the morning.

Josh's mom built this awesome aquarium for them when they were both frogs. We loved to sit and watch them eat. It was such a fascinating project. We ended up taking them out to the well behind Josh's moms house and letting them go. Brie was so cute when she took them with Josh. She just kept saying "We are taking them to find a better home, so they will be happy." Then when we got back she said "Mom, there were tons of little tiny baby tadpoles, just little ones. I think they will be very happy, they will have friends."
I am still a little sad we didn't bring them to virginia, but I know that would have been unreasonable and they probably would've died. But the little kid in me can't say "I think they will be very happy."
3 comments:
I LOVE tadpoles! We had them every once in awhile when I was a kid and they are so fun to watch! My mom always made us keep ours outside and my dad would build fun little pond and sand areas for them in our window wells... and then they'd turn into frogs... and then they'd be gone. Haven't ever really figured out what happened to them. :) At least your girls will always THINK that the frogs are happy :)
Love the blog and the photos! I'm so excited for you to take our picture in the fall. We so need them!
I'm so grateful I have met you and so hope it all works out to move by you guys!!!
YOU MUST BE VERY TIRED...AND PROBABLY PREGNANT AND BEING A BUSY MOM TO TWO BUSY LITTLE GIRLS. I keep hoping for some "new" happenings at the Fawson home. Or it could be that Josh has the computer all the time studying. Whatever it is, it's okay, but I'm missing your blog updates. Love MOM
Post a Comment